DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2009 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   remote problems (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=107532)

Jerkbait 03-14-2012 11:59 PM

remote problems

I find myself clicking the lock and unlock button sometimes as many as 10 times for it to lock or unlock. its not the batterys or the remote.. ive tried 2 different remotes and new batteries.. its annoying when im ffreezing and just wanna get i my truck.. just a pain.. any1 else have this issue?

Huka42 03-15-2012 05:31 AM

Mine just started doing this, I haven't done anything about it yet. But I have noticed having to press either the lock or unlock several times. I am on my way to the dealer tomorrow to get my spare tire winch replaced, I will see what they say.

highlandchef 03-15-2012 09:51 AM

I've noticed the same difficulty lately. Sometimes it works fine others it takes several presses to get it to register.

jumpjet 03-15-2012 05:49 PM

Had the same problem. Not often enough though for me to go out of my way to have it checked out at the dealership.

Huka42 03-17-2012 08:30 PM

I asked the dealer, they didn't say/explain much, but they did just gave me a new fob, no questions asked. What's really cool, is that the new one now says RAM on the back, not DODGE. SWEEEEET!! I was under 36K, so it was just a warranty exchange. Sorry this doesn't help much.

Arth 03-17-2012 08:42 PM

I had the same problem with my fob a few months back and I also changed out the batterys with no luck. The only thing my dealer did was just replace them under warranty and the problems gone. Sorry I don't have any different news but that seems to be the fix at the moment.

GTyankee 03-17-2012 09:16 PM

If you should lose or misplace your FOB,
When you go to the dealership to replace it, the one that reads Ram is more expensive & it is identical to the one that reads Dodge, except for the word

Everyone has issues at one time or another with the signal, mine was pouring down rain at a grocery store, arms full of bags. I ended up having to go back to the stores overhang, because i could NOT get the FOB to work

Now when it happens, as i walk up to the vehicle, try to unlock the door, if it doesn't unlock i hit the lock button or the Start button, then i unlock it

InterpunX 03-17-2012 11:42 PM

Quote:

Everyone has issues at one time or another with the signal, mine was pouring down rain at a grocery store, arms full of bags. I ended up having to go back to the stores overhang, because i could NOT get the FOB to work
I hope you know there's a key inside the fob you can use hehe, i know it's kinda hard with arms full of bags, but i had to use it a couple times myself.

Mine started doing this and has been for a bit. I read somewhere that the contacts need to be pried up some. When you remove your battery, there's suppose to be 4 pins (contacts) and they need to be pried up a little bit so there's better contact with the battery, try that and see if it works better.

MindlessDeviant 03-26-2012 01:43 PM

Mines been doing it since I bought my truck. Just crack the fob open every once in a while and pry the contacts up and it works great again. It sucked the first few times because a wannabe thief destroyed my door lock cylinder with a screw driver 2 days after I bought the truck. Been almost 2 years and still haven't replaced the lock cylinder.

gamester 03-28-2012 05:54 PM

I have had the same problem since day 1. Dealer won't do anything for me until I show them it doesn't work. I have been locked out of truck for 15 minutes at times trying to get it to work. Lock or unlock issues now.