DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2011 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   High / Low headlights at same time In Denton County, Tx (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=107563)

TexasParamedic 03-15-2012 11:30 AM

High / Low headlights at same time In Denton County, Tx

At the dealer right now for some regular service. Asked about getting the high and low beams on at the same time. Service Manager explained it can be done easily, but they have been instructed that the law prohibits them from doing it, but also said there is a few guys in the Denton County, Texas area that can or will do it at a nominal fee. Anyone know who does it in the area?

TNC 03-15-2012 12:07 PM

547.302 of the Texas vehicle code says you can have up to 4 headlights operating at the same time on a normal vehicle...motorcycles aside, I think...motorcycles may be only 3 if I recall, but didn't research that. I believe the 300 candlepower they mention is no more than what a high beam is normally rated at. That's the best I could find on it. Like a lot of these regulations, you might read further...it's rather extensive...and find an exception or conflict here and there.

TexasParamedic 03-15-2012 02:42 PM

I am familiar with the law but in this instance my service manager and techs has been instructed by the legal department, their bosses, their bosses bosses that under no exception are they to make the change. I would hate to cost a man his job for something as trivial as this, for which the reason he recommended me to find someone in the county that will do it for me. He does not remember the individuals name that did it for another customer and recommended me ask the fellow forumers if they knew of someone in the county that does it.

Pull Ya 03-15-2012 03:06 PM

I bet you can find a tech at the dealership that will do it for a 12 pack after work.
Jay

Hedghawg71 03-20-2012 09:54 PM

JcWhitney had something like that for late model Chevy trucks that just plugged into the fuse box somewhere. Maybe that got something like that for our trucks. On a side note. I wouldn't be running those like that on Loop 288 before daylight. The Bears get cranky and ticket happy over that kind of stuff. I got a warning ticket for running my brights on my sled thru there one morning and that was just one headlight. And if you are dealing with Classic Dodge, they are some cool dudes but it is by the book over there.

austinrsm 03-20-2012 11:27 PM

I'm going over to 4X4 outfitters on 380 tomorrow to talk to them about some mods, I'll ask while I'm there.

TexasParamedic 01-06-2013 11:27 AM

I'm back on the prowl to get this done. Any Denton County, Texas guys know of anyone that can turn this feature on.

mrcivic 01-08-2013 12:50 PM

my low beam lights stay on when my high beams are turned on. I am not sure but must be a programming thing. We run with the daytime running lights here in Canada and the only thing that turns off when I turn on my high beams is my fog lights. Hope this helps.

AlbertaRamTruckGuy 01-21-2013 12:06 AM

anyone know how to get the fogs to stay on with the highs? I haven't asked my dealer yet, but I know its possible with a tuner.... just not ready to chip mine yet