DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Best tires for all season.... (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=107764)

DodgeRamMan71 03-17-2012 06:05 PM

Best tires for all season....

I have a 2010 RAM 1500 4x4 5.7L Hemi Qd Cab. I have the optional 20" wheels. I was wondering what others have to say about new tires to replace the stock GoodYear tires. I know, I have looked around on the net, but was wondering about real people and their experiences.

FOZMAN11 03-17-2012 06:42 PM

I have used BFGoodrich AT on my last two trucks and have had great results. They do good off-road and great in the snow, along with good treadwear. I am thinking of trying General Grabber ATs this time around, they are close to the BFG ATs tread pattern and have had good reviews.

shawdog 03-18-2012 06:34 AM

I just bought a set of Firestone Destination A/T. They ride smooth and are quiet on pavement. Haven't been offroad yet. Tire guy said they should last 50-60 thousand miles.

tison1200 03-19-2012 11:20 PM

Take a look at the Bridgestone Revo AT's night and day difference over the stock HP's

Nestor Z. 03-20-2012 01:42 AM

Hello DodgeRamMan71,

Tire distribution is my line of work and I distribute all major brands. My company does not sell to the public. We sell direct to the big-box, independent, and car dealer channel. I consider myself a tire expert. Started selling tires retail in 1993 and have been wholesaling since 2000.

The OE GY HP Wranglers ride quite and smooth...Other than that, they are mediocre tires. I took them off after 9,000 miles.

Not sure how much snow you get up there but if your winters are light to medium you will be better served with an all terrain tread. Assuming that you have the o/e 275/60R20 tire size, Michelin AT2, Bridgestone Dueller AT REVO, and Nitto Terra Grapplers are some of my favorite tires in an all terrain tread for these trucks.

BFG makes a new tire in this size that looks great too. It's called the Rugged Terrain T/A. If it's anything like it's older brother, the KO T/A you will get your monies worth for sure. For the record BFG is made by Michelin, and Nitto is made by Toyo in Japan.

I ride on the 275/60R20 Michelin LTX M/S 2...Don't need the all terrain down here. Couldn't be happier with them.

Hope this help!

NZ

knappk6 03-20-2012 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FOZMAN11 (Post 753028)
I have used BFGoodrich AT on my last two trucks and have had great results. They do good off-road and great in the snow, along with good treadwear. I am thinking of trying General Grabber ATs this time around, they are close to the BFG ATs tread pattern and have had good reviews.

I heard that the General Grabbers AT sidewalls were very flimsy, they give a lot when you turn so you get some scares on highway ramps and such. I don't have personal experience with this so its just something I have heard.

345cube 03-22-2012 04:02 PM

Best highway and road all season tire - Michelin M/S2 .....bar none.

wvcoolvinilla 03-22-2012 04:50 PM

Mich. AT2 is the tire to beat if you are not going to go off road big time. On my hunting lease they only let me down in deep mud. But king of smooth ride, snow, rain I am sorry but can't beat the Mich. Buy these tires for performance not looks..

THasse 03-22-2012 05:16 PM

I don't have them, but I've heard absolutely nothing but good things about the Nitto Terra Grapplers and plan to get them sometime. My Michelin LTX's are holding up excellent, but in 2wd I get stuck in wet grass, 4wd, haven't been stuck yet, even in some snow. Anyone got any reviews on the Wragler Silent Armours with the Kevlar?

uktitus 03-23-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nestor Z. (Post 755005)
Hello DodgeRamMan71,

Tire distribution is my line of work and I distribute all major brands. My company does not sell to the public. We sell direct to the big-box, independent, and car dealer channel. I consider myself a tire expert. Started selling tires retail in 1993 and have been wholesaling since 2000.

The OE GY HP Wranglers ride quite and smooth...Other than that, they are mediocre tires. I took them off after 9,000 miles.

Not sure how much snow you get up there but if your winters are light to medium you will be better served with an all terrain tread. Assuming that you have the o/e 275/60R20 tire size, Michelin AT2, Bridgestone Dueller AT REVO, and Nitto Terra Grapplers are some of my favorite tires in an all terrain tread for these trucks.

BFG makes a new tire in this size that looks great too. It's called the Rugged Terrain T/A. If it's anything like it's older brother, the KO T/A you will get your monies worth for sure. For the record BFG is made by Michelin, and Nitto is made by Toyo in Japan.

I ride on the 275/60R20 Michelin LTX M/S 2...Don't need the all terrain down here. Couldn't be happier with them.

Hope this help!

NZ

Mr Nester, I wonder if you or any one else can answer a couple of questions when I have asked this elsewhere I have I have had answers which are to complicated for my simple brain. I have the LTX M/S2 the same as you. I would like to know the tire rating for towing will they take the weight my truck is supposed be able to tow which about 9,000 lb and is the max tire pressure for these tires 50 lb