DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Military (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Hooah stickers on cars for officers (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=108040)

LT suss 03-20-2012 10:24 AM

Hooah stickers on cars for officers

Soldiers: What's your take on car decals (ABN/AA wings, Ranger tab sticker, etc.) on the vehicles of junior officers in combat arms units?

Leave it to the Joes or to each their own?

zeroyon 03-20-2012 04:28 PM

I honestly dont think it matters who puts them on their cars, some people just like to show off what they are in or have earned. but I know that I dont show off what i got on my vehicle.

moparornocar72 03-20-2012 04:44 PM

Even when I was still in I didn't like to let anyone know what they were dealing with, I have a USMC and American Flag on my back window and that's all any1 needed to know!

JimmyTheKid 03-22-2012 07:59 AM

all i've ever had was the corpsman rating sticker on the back of my truck, i joke about other stuff but i also believe theirs no better job than a hospital corpsman :D

jacksonsnorth 03-22-2012 08:05 AM

The only thing I ever run on my vehicles is the same sticker. It says " Theres strong, then theres Army Strong", on my rear window, And I run the Disabled Veteran Plate from my state, since it gives me parking priveleges. I ran it in Florida and I run it in Maine. I think it is a personal choice and reflects that persons pride and/or likes. just my 02. cents.

LT suss 03-22-2012 08:21 AM

Thanks for the input. My buddy just bought me some ABN wings for the back of the truck and I was debating putting them on. I've always been an actions speak louder type of guy though. I think the wife wants to put it on hers anyway, so at least they'll get some use.

itshertruck 03-25-2012 05:37 AM

Retirement is right around the corner for me. I have just the U.S. navy on the back of my car, and the Machinist Mate propeller on the rear window of the truck. I don't feel the need to blast everything that I do to everyone that I do not know. I concur with the actions speak louder than words.

5500 03-28-2012 01:21 AM

If the individual is ligit, what difference does it make about rank?
I'm proud of all my military accomplishments, from private to LTC.

GTyankee 03-28-2012 01:37 AM

Rank does not mean much to the 60% of the non military out there
Rate only matters to those of us that have been there

I was in Aviation Ordnance & i damn sure don't want to display that
I will just keep it basically to myself

The only people on this site that know my real name would never disclose it, so i am safe in typing it in here
who wants to know someone that could blow up their area
or do what some of us had to do while in the Military

brogers93 03-29-2012 02:43 PM

Regardless of rank, putting your 201 file on your window makes you look like a tool...just saying! :smiledown: