DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Exhaust (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Thoughts on Aero turbine muffler. (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=108422)

SuperRam 03-25-2012 12:05 AM

Thoughts on Aero turbine muffler.

So what do you guys think about the aero turbine muffler? It seems to be a bit louder than most. But how does it compare in performance vs the Magnaflow muffler? Now, I choose magnaflow because it seems that this is muffler that could net more power gains over most mufflers out there.
I haven't heard too much about the Aero trubine muffler but it would be interesting to see which of these two mufflers would give more power.

Thanks.

SuperRam 04-02-2012 02:48 PM

Hmm... It seems like nobody knows much about the aero turbine muffler.
I just wanted to know if their claims were true and their technology.

It supposedly makes more power than the stock muffler. Well, that's kinda lame. Most aftermarket mufflers will make more power than the stock muffler.
I would like to know how this aero turbine muffler compares against a free flowing muffler such as magnaflow, since magnaflow is also the muffler that makes more over power when compared to the rest of the aftermarket mufflers and the oem muffler.
Does aeros muffler turbine technology makes more power over magnaflows muffler straight through design??:thk:

Thanks guys.

wmckee 04-02-2012 10:23 PM

You peaked my curiosity, unfortunately I dont know either.

snrusnak 04-03-2012 12:02 PM

This isn't from a dyno experience or anything, but just looking at it it has slight restriction so would not make as much power as a magnaflow or similar. It's probably nearly as much though.

snrusnak 04-03-2012 12:05 PM

Oh crap, sorry I have to take back what I said. I was thinking of spintech, not aero turbine. It actually kind of makes sense that it may make more power....I don't know though.

SuperRam 04-03-2012 12:45 PM

Well I was just on youtube checking out the aero turbine muffler.
This is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDTTOa77efs

It seems that it is in fact a straight through design like the magnaflow.
If the aero turbine technology doesn't work or if its just a gimmick of sort, at least it will perform as good as the best flowing muffler which is the magnaflow, since it is a straight through muffler.
One thing for sure is that it will be much louder than the magnaflow. The aero turbine doesn't have packing material like the magnaflow does.

Moparman99 04-10-2012 08:38 AM

Aero Turbine 3030 without the resonator is a great muffler. I have only used it with the 5.7 on a few of my Rams but would not go with anything else. It sounds mean and you should be happy with the outcome. Take off the factory resonators for sure. Go to Amazon.com and search for Aero 3030. Best price I have found is $120.00

MF2000 04-13-2012 05:18 PM

I can let you know in about a week......I bought two today.

$100 each with free shipping on ebay from mandrelbends

Barnyard 04-13-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MF2000 (Post 775955)
I can let you know in about a week......I bought two today.

$100 each with free shipping on ebay from mandrelbends

SUBSCRIBED! and waiting for the review! I've always been intrigued by this design and if it wasn't for the Hemi Drone issues, I probably would've bought one a long time ago!

By the way, Aero makes a version with packing as well if you're looking for something quieter.

SuperRam 04-16-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moparman99 (Post 773052)
Aero Turbine 3030 without the resonator is a great muffler. I have only used it with the 5.7 on a few of my Rams but would not go with anything else. It sounds mean and you should be happy with the outcome. Take off the factory resonators for sure. Go to Amazon.com and search for Aero 3030. Best price I have found is $120.00

What about the bigger one? The 3030xl or something like that. I wonder if by having more or their "turbine techology" would increase the claimed vacuum created, thus having slighly more "pull" than the 3030 and maybe a bit more quieter.