DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Movies And Entertainment (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Saturday was a nice day to get out and drive, ride or just be outside (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=108529)

Race1Mopar 03-26-2012 12:09 PM

Saturday was a nice day to get out and drive, ride or just be outside

Saturday was a nice day to get out and drive, ride or just be outside. I hope everyone got a chance to get out and have a little fun!

Joe

This is part of my ride up 1431 towards Marble Falls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZNoG7Xkz1w

snrusnak 03-26-2012 01:27 PM

Cool, what bike do you ride? You appear to be a good (and safe) rider :smileup:

Unfortunately I was doing yard work while you were out enjoying yourself. My bike's been apart since december, I'm thinking I'll be able to ride it again come sunday !!!

Race1Mopar 03-26-2012 01:50 PM

Thanks Sean!
I ride an '01 Honda Goldwing, GL1800 (97k miles on her ticker). Grew up on sport bikes (Well mini bikes at 5 hahaha, then kept moving up) and never thought I'd own a big bike until my friend came over on his GL1800. The wife likes the comfort. I like that I can still get out and run the twisties. Although it's not my old GSXR it's very flick'able and seams to lose all it's weight between 5 and 10 mph. All around great bike.

I did that yard work during the week so I could get out. Was so excited to go I woke up at 4, 5, 6am and then just got ready and went! I hope you get her together for that ride this Sunday. Nothing like a little liquid sunshine on two wheels to start your spring.

Joe

snrusnak 03-26-2012 02:05 PM

Very cool. Yeah that's the drawback to a sport bike is the rear seat is pretty much aesthetic only, no function. My wife won't ride with me anymore for more than 30 minutes(we both get uncomfortable very fast riding two up). I don't even keep the rear pegs on the bike anymore...

Race1Mopar 03-26-2012 03:45 PM

Yea mine wouldn't even get on the other bike. She rarely gets on this one but when she does at least she's comfortable. This may sound crazy... but I forget how big the bike is when riding. Trust me... neeeeva... eeva eeva eeva ride one unless you plan on buying one. I was so dead set against them. I mean really "Oh I'd never own one of those" until I rode one then it sold me in a 15 minute ride. Bought one before the day was out. :Wow1:

snrusnak 03-26-2012 03:55 PM

Don't worry about me lol, I can't stand when I ride my dad's road king or my brother's victory(not sure the model but it's the giant one with stereo and cup holders and such). I just like to have a small, light bike. I think I'll probably keep my buell for the long haul, especially since they don't make them anymore. I may try to pick up a new EBR model once they release them, but other than that I'll ride this and rebuild it as needed, it's a very fun bike on the street. I personally don't think any cruiser is more comfortable than my bike (I won't say all sport bikes, some are crazy uncomfortable). But I know I am honestly more comfortable on my buell than my dad's road king, my brother's victory, or his sporty. I can ride all day on mine nonstop, I have to stop on their bikes.

Race1Mopar 03-27-2012 12:47 AM

I hear you. I rode a lot of friends cruisers and just didn't like how they handled or felt. I thought I was a sport bike guy for life, lol. Now I have options! and yea hold on to that buell. That's a great bike. Probably the shortest wheel base bike i ever rode and it was a ton of fun! The Wing is the only big bike I think I could ride long term.
Joe

snrusnak 03-27-2012 09:04 AM

Yeah it's funny all my friends that had sport bike's either sold them or moved, so now I only have cruisers to ride with. So we hit the road and it's one of the best handling bike's made along side some of the worst(road king, vrod, etc.) on the long straight roads of central florida.....I don't fit in lol. I still ride with my father in law quite often though, he has a sv1000. He's probably the best rider I know, and he's lived in the area forever so knows the good roads.

Honda makes great bikes, my dad's neighbor has a huge honda cruiser, not sure the name but I think it's 1800cc and that thing is a beast lol.

Quote:

Probably the shortest wheel base bike i ever rode and it was a ton of fun!
I cant put it in my 6' bed straight and shut the tailgate :)