DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Body & Interior (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   Silver Paint Issues? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=108556)

CountryD 03-26-2012 04:50 PM

Silver Paint Issues?

Anybody else have noticeable flaws in their Silver painted trucks?

I have large light and dark spots in my silver paint. To the point that the truck looks dirty in spots. Its mainly on the bed of the truck. Kinda like its stripped, horizontally. The biggest spot is just above the gas lid, and its noticeable, say the size of a watermelon. Then its along the entire bed on both sides, you can tell that its there.

SO, I took it by my dealer and he noticed it too, rather easily. He said Dodge shouldnt have sent out a truck that looked that way. He took a bunch of pics and is sending them to Corp. But he said it may take a couple of weeks to get approved for a re-paint. Hell, my truck only has 1100 miles on it, and I noticed it after a good washing and detailing.

But, the thing that Im worried about, is the bed getting re-painted and it not matching the cab. Because silver paint is hard to master.

Anyone else having issues with Silver paint?

tison1200 03-26-2012 05:08 PM

I noticed a couple darker spots on mine but I think they rubbed off. My sales guy and I walked around the truck and I pointed out EVERY little imperfection I saw and it will be fixed when I take the truck back in to have that once a year coating applied. (I forget what they call it)

huntergreen 03-26-2012 05:13 PM

i am reading about allot of paint issues on here in all colors. a good body shop will make it look like it is supposed to and you won't be able to tell it had anything done.

tison1200 03-26-2012 05:19 PM

On a side note I've noticed that the big three have had really BAD orange peel on their new trucks Ford especially. I was either going to get the black Ram or the silver but the black one they had had some areas where the orange peel was horrible, that and the fact that my two previous trucks were black and everytime I washed them it drove me nuts to see new scratches and scuffs on it.

highwayman1 03-26-2012 07:39 PM

Yes ,I have a silver 2012 ,and have noticed the same "tiger stripping" in certain light , but also noticed that it disappears in different lighting . jmo

CountryD 03-26-2012 07:41 PM

I just hope that it gets taken care of. I dont want to have to look at the truck and the "spots" every time I go to wash it or to fill up the gas tank. Its gonna drive me crazy, to think that they allowed a paint job like this to come from the factory.

CountryD 03-26-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by highwayman1 (Post 760378)
Yes ,I have a silver 2012 ,and have noticed the same "tiger stripping" in certain light , but also noticed that it disappears in different lighting . jmo

Mine is really bad in low lighting, around dusk its really bad. Everytime I look at the truck, I can see it. It just sucks.

hemiexp04 03-26-2012 07:49 PM

mines silver and i havent noticed anything..but im starting to worry lol o wanna go look now

Evil Ram 03-26-2012 07:51 PM

Does anyone have pics ?

CountryD 03-26-2012 08:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a pic. You can really see the "Tiger" in the pic. There is no shade, the pic was just taken in the sun. Look just above the Gas Lid and all down the side of the bed. And thats just one side of the truck bed. When there is Shade it really comes out. Looks like Dust, but its clean. There is 3 large lighter shades on just that one side of the bed. I know you all will be able to see it. I wish it was dusk outside, then you could really see them.