DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Electrical (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=199)
-   -   Headlights - are there stock quad projector assemblies available to replace duals? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=108784)

tech1 03-29-2012 03:40 AM

Headlights - are there stock quad projector assemblies available to replace duals?

Hi - I have read the threads about customizing an existing dual or quad headlight halogen assemblies to projector and really don't want to chance messing them up (when i was younger I would have done it-lol).

What I really want to do is change my current dual halogen to quad projectors on my RAM 2500 SLT.

Are complete replacement assemblies available (plug and play)? Recently I have seen what looks like factory quads on a few RAM 3500's and they look like just what I'd want to install. Are there any after market available? Are quad or dual projector assemblies available from a Dodge dealer to replace my halogen duals?

Sure do value the input from all of you - it has been very helpful.
Thanks,
Ron

1500ram12 03-29-2012 04:40 AM

I haven't seen any factory projector headlights for the rams. But from what I've seen if you go with projector style headlight you will want to upgrade to HID. The output beam of the projector is too narrow for halogen to work properly.

dodgert 03-29-2012 06:46 AM

Only plug and play projector type headlights are from recon and spyder go with spyder same as recon only cheaper

tech1 03-29-2012 03:43 PM

Interesting about the projector vs the HID - guess I am getting them confused and thought they were the same. Now I just don't know what to do to get brighter and better coverage than my stock dual halogen headlights.
Ron

Bikenut 03-29-2012 06:34 PM

55W HIDs from ****************! Even without projectors the lighting is Amazing

tech1 03-31-2012 03:49 PM

Looks like I'm going to go with Retro Shop - Jeremy's solution using the 55W 4300 Digital Kit. Although pricy, sure seems to be the solution I have been looking for.

Would you suggest I have the dealer aim my current headlights before replacing the cores with the retros? They will do the re-aiming at no cost to me.

Thanks - Ron

Bikenut 04-01-2012 12:29 AM

In my experience, I had to adjust the lights considerably after putting in the HIDs even though they were well aimed prior to install.

dodgert 04-01-2012 12:49 AM

Putting hid's in stock headlights gives you way to much scatter hence the flashing of oncoming cars projectors and hid's = win win

dodgert 04-01-2012 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tech1 (Post 764363)
Looks like I'm going to go with Retro Shop - Jeremy's solution using the 55W 4300 Digital Kit. Although pricy, sure seems to be the solution I have been looking for.

Would you suggest I have the dealer aim my current headlights before replacing the cores with the retros? They will do the re-aiming at no cost to me.

Thanks - Ron

If your replacing why would you re aim them and are you getting new headlights from jj with or with out projectors if you get the projectors the hole you use to adjust stock headlights wont work anymore

Bikenut 04-01-2012 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dodgert (Post 764733)
Putting hid's in stock headlights gives you way to much scatter hence the flashing of oncoming cars projectors and hid's = win win

I haven't been flashed yet :4-dontknow:

I dont understand why the stock housing would give more scatter than any other bulb. It's just more light, the reflector is the same so the pattern is the same. Although it does make sense that projectors would be more focused