DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2012 Belltech vs Ground Forcce vs ????? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=109055)

edwardzed 04-01-2012 05:32 PM

2012 Belltech vs Ground Forcce vs ?????

I have a 2012 Ram RT single cab short bed w/22inch wheels.

I have been told by Belltech and Ground Force that the 2012 suspensuion is different from the 2011 amd earlier models.

I ordered a belltech 2-4 drop kit (almost half the price) and after 3 months of bullcrap (parts on order, in QA, new delivery date, etc.) I gave up and canceled. A month later I called Belltech and they said they do not have a 2-4 drop for the 2012. Don't know what is going on with them.

Ground Force told me they only have a 2-3 drop. My measurements say I need a 2-4 drop to "level" the Ram.

I am at a loss here.

Help would be appreciated.

InDeepWaterBlue 04-03-2012 12:53 PM

Well Belltech is more than likely trying to make up for there mistakes with the 09-11 models and their parts (mainly end links) missing from their kit. I would wait for them to get a kit together for the 12' though. If the GF kit is the one that uses spindles you have to be careful, a lot of guys are having issues with the front track being widened overall by over an inch and causing the tires to stick further out.

TheBlackHemi 04-03-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InDeepWaterBlue (Post 766839)
Well Belltech is more than likely trying to make up for there mistakes with the 09-11 models and their parts (mainly end links) missing from their kit. I would wait for them to get a kit together for the 12' though. If the GF kit is the one that uses spindles you have to be careful, a lot of guys are having issues with the front track being widened overall by over an inch and causing the tires to stick further out.

Your mistaken its the Mcgaughys kit that uses spindles. If you want a quality kit that isn't gonna bottom out and god no what other issues belltech kits are have go with groundforce. It might cost more but you don't hear 1/10 of issues the belltech kits are having.

Good look finding a kit because they are pretty much on back order too

InDeepWaterBlue 04-03-2012 08:02 PM

Thanks for the correction :smileup: Considering I have the Belltech kit and have had everything corrected, I'd wait for the Ground Force kit if I was you.

Zevox 04-10-2012 08:52 AM

I had the same problem getting a Belltech kit for my 2010, kept getting pushed back and stuff so I canceled. I didn't want the Groundforce because it was a 2/3 and much more expensive then I saw a guy on here with the McGaughy's kit and it looked really good but it was still expensive.

The only reason I got the McG's kit was I found it for the same price as the Belltech on some off website and Summit price matched it down to like $450 shipped. The front wheels do sit out more but with 285/50r20's it isn't so noticeable unless you really pay attention. I was thinking about swapping out to some 305/45r22 SRT10 wheels but I'm concerned those might be too wide and look dumb with spindles.