DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Drag Racing Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   MAM 8th mile Season Opener (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=109517)

RamTex 04-06-2012 03:11 PM

MAM 8th mile Season Opener

Going to take the 6.6 out to see how she does. Gonna install my LMI Hammer when i get home. Put the first round of royal purple in with some zmax and a lucas octane booster. Then im going to take out my subs/foxbox/amp along with the rear seats and the passenger seat then clean out the console.

Trying for 8.5's or better i was running 8.9's last time i went but that was with a perfect tune on the stock block, stock heads, cam, and rotating assembly...

Since the tune on this new motor is not 100% and i cant data log on it due to my trinity not powering on from the OBDII port on it im dead in the water. But hoping for the best.

If i can run 8.0's flat or close to it that puts me in the 12's in the 1/4th mile!

chefred112 04-06-2012 10:32 PM

good luck bro..what tires will you be running?

RamTex 04-07-2012 05:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well looks like i need to get this tune dialed in, a new trans, gears/diff. My truck is just heavy as crap... I ran my 17's with some used 255 60's on em just to get is lightened up. Here is the best run of 3 i made not to proud of it but it is faster than before just needs some work... Not really sure what folks are running with 3.55's and one wheel peel thinking im not doing to bad just dont have anything to compare it too other than you guys with 3.92's+ and trutracs. Also im thinking the 4x4 is keeping everything slower.

RamTex 04-07-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RamTex (Post 769629)
Going to take the 6.6 out to see how she does. Gonna install my LMI Hammer when i get home. Put the first round of royal purple in with some zmax and a lucas octane booster. Then im going to take out my subs/foxbox/amp along with the rear seats and the passenger seat then clean out the console.

Trying for 8.5's or better i was running 8.9's last time i went but that was with a perfect tune on the stock block, stock heads, cam, and rotating assembly...

Since the tune on this new motor is not 100% and i cant data log on it due to my trinity not powering on from the OBDII port on it im dead in the water. But hoping for the best.

If i can run 8.0's flat or close to it that puts me in the 12's in the 1/4th mile!

I meant 9.2's on the stock block had 8's on the brain...

RamTex 04-09-2012 09:31 AM

Thinking this stock 6.1 intake manifold along with my stock TB may be another culpret robbing me of a few extra ponies. Ah well all in due time i suppose. Im just glad to drive the dang thing at this point thats all that really matters.

BlackRamHemi 04-09-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RamTex (Post 770648)
Not really sure what folks are running with 3.55's and one wheel peel thinking im not doing to bad just dont have anything to compare it too other than you guys with 3.92's+ and trutracs. Also im thinking the 4x4 is keeping everything slower.

Stock Torque Converter?

You've got about 300 pounds on me, but here's my numbers with an Edge 3000 stall..

RCSB 4x4, open 3.55's, 28" DR's, full weight with BakFlip and Tailgate
pulling 1.8 60 footers, best 1/8th is 8.814, my best quarter is 13.8/98 (at 2500' DA)

all stock motor, stock exhaust manifolds (at the time), 93 Diablo tune.

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/...timeslip01.jpg

Hope to knock another couple tenths off with my new Headers and CMR Tune soon. Track opens on the 27th.

BlackRamHemi 04-09-2012 09:58 AM

I bet you'd see better numbers on a Quarter Mile track,
that beast would walk away from me after the 1/8th mile marker.

That's where I always get reeled in by the Big HP SRT-10 trucks and they usually pass me at the top end, right at the traps.

RamTex 04-15-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackRamHemi (Post 772213)
I bet you'd see better numbers on a Quarter Mile track,
that beast would walk away from me after the 1/8th mile marker.

That's where I always get reeled in by the Big HP SRT-10 trucks and they usually pass me at the top end, right at the traps.

I think im gonna agree with you on that. Also with my rings being gapped for boost and the cam being so small for this motor compared to a stock 6.4 cam this one is much smaller and its in a bigger motor which is really hurting my current setup but the potential is still there...

I went back this past friday and the truck ran the same even with the new tune.

I believe with the stock trans and the 3.55 gears im pretty much stuck with these 2.0 60' ft times. Until i get bigger gears, trutrac, trans, custom boost cam, and eventually boost i wont see any changes in my times.

At this point im just grateful the thing drives and performs well.

BTW there was an ecoboost truck there and it was pretty funny watching it run low 10's in the 8th seems like every time i go down there nothing can really touch my truck. Only cars with drag radials can keep up with it in the 8th sure is fun even tho my times are a bit disappointing but i think the truck is right were it should be for a 4x4 crewcab just sux it only runs 4 tenths faster than before...

chefred112 04-16-2012 12:39 AM

I think you just need to be dialed in..still probably gettin too much fuel...

RamTex 04-16-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chefred112 (Post 777565)
I think you just need to be dialed in..still probably gettin too much fuel...

That maybe true if i could actually get it dyno tuned but thats not an option for me. But even with a spot on tune making this 6k lb truck run a faster 60' its gonna need gears... And it seems like TCM might be holding my launches back in 4x4 it has a studder to it of the line...