DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Newbie Checkin! (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   New 2012 Ram (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=109529)

DarkCydeCA 04-06-2012 06:30 PM

New 2012 Ram

Hey all. Just bought my third Ram in four years. Upgraded to a 2012 Sport w/leather, 430N entertainment/nav system, integrated trailer brake in the new True Blue color.
Had a 2010 Ram Sport before this one, loved it but the new one with the all the fixins only costs $30 more per month and gets better mileage with the 6 sp.
First Ram was 2008 on lease, great truck, solid off road.

Only had this one for three days, generally happy with it except the nav system doesn't have my subdivision on it even though I've lived here for 7 years... :doh:

Any help in getting updated maps would be appreciated.

Warlock III 04-06-2012 06:33 PM

Welcome to the forum!

You may have better luck posting the request on how to update your maps on the 2012 ram section of the forum...did you check the manual?

Glad to see that you wound up on the Z. There are different sections of the forum set up specific to the generations if you need help in the future. It's also a great place to just hang around. General Discussions and I've heard of an "off Topic" section.

Not to forget the vendors that can help with any modifications you might like to personalize your vehicle.

Take some time and brows the site, maybe even make a few friends!

Newbie how tos is always a good idea. It might help to familiarize yourself with how-to's on using the site and is a good reference tool for the future. One of the most underrated aspects is reputation. It's used to say thanks to a member that may have helped, or pointed you in the right direction.

The little scales of justice in the upper-left hand corner of their reply has it. Just click on it and add to their reputation.

Also try to remember posting if you have an issue with your Ram and solve it. That also helps other members solve their issues.

Enjoy the site!

ShawnC13 04-06-2012 08:02 PM

Welcome joining here is a great decision for any RAM owner so much knowledge and information here!

Stump3r 04-06-2012 08:26 PM

Welcome to the Z! Nice to have you join us!!!

CajunDodge 04-06-2012 09:34 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum, glad to have you join us! Sounds like a very nice truck, congrats! Any pics you can share? We'd love to see your new ride! So what do you have in mind for it, are you planning any mods? Lots of great people and info here, so any help you need, just ask and I hope you enjoy the site! :Hey:

- Cajun

Chunkem 04-06-2012 10:10 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum.....We are glad to have you here......Do you have any pics of your truck......If there is anything that we can do to assist you please ask...

Enjoy the site....

Ed

BlueJet 04-07-2012 09:18 AM

Hello and welcome! :wavey:

Good to have you with us, I hope you enjoy the board!

ArmyofOne 04-07-2012 10:06 AM

Welcome! Enjoy the new Ram! There are a ton of brilliant people and some technicians as well (myself included) on here, and we will help in any way we can. Feel free to send me a message with any questions you may have. Any info you need, we have, and if we dont, someone can find it for you. I am a soldier and myself and a few other members are Mechanics by trade. Everyone has something to offer at the Z.

Since you drive a 2009+ (4th gen) Ram, Be sure to take a look at Total Load Control Suspension Systems! Especially if you are hauling/towing alot of gear or toys! A TLC system really is the best way to level our trucks and safely (and reliably) tow/haul your maximum payload.Feel free to send me an email at Armyof1_2006@remove_this_part.yahoo.com so we can discuss things further. Looking forward to pics of your rig and seeing you active in the community.

-Josh.

brad12kx 04-07-2012 03:45 PM

Welcome to the forum, :Hey:
This forum is full of great looking trucks; packed with great mod ideas and there are loads of knowledgeable and experienced people here.

I would complain about this to the dealer so they can get it in the 'system'. If you have lived there for 7 years, I think it is their responsibility to get the map upgraded at no cost. If you get a hold of the GPS provider, they will charge you for any updates....whether or not they have your area. :wow:

AND - We all like pix! Got any to share?

Enjoy the Z!