DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Kills and More Kills (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Pissed 4G hemi (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=109886)

Roman Chariot 04-10-2012 01:46 AM

Pissed 4G hemi

Alright this is the deal, I traded in an 05 Magnum RT on this 2011 QC Hemi 4x4 becuase my old hemi kicks ass and I ran it to 100k with little to no decrease in performance.:smileup: I blew the doors off so many people in the maggie it was ridiculous. As a matter of fact nobody had ever beaten me on an Interstate on ramp pull in that car.

But the reaon why I am pissed is that there have been only 3 times in the last year when I have wanted to smoke someody, Each time I have not been able to pull on them.

First one was an 05 Accord with 3 fat dudes in it. Screw those guys!
Second was a 9 or 10 F150, def not an ecoboost or 5.0. Dead even...dammit!
Today was an 06 Sierra Denali pulling a ******* trailer with a welder on it. I could barely pass him.

Anyway, long story short I have not been able to pull away on anybody that i have tried to, and i have chosen my opponents wisely. Now I'm scared to run this truck against anybody. Boo! Th only thing I can find wrong with the truck is that it was built on a monday.

I dont mind 15 MPG but I want to be able to smoke ford and chevy...screw this!

RT RAM 04-10-2012 12:24 PM

dont get too upset i got my butt handed to me by a tundra extended cab, from a dig!:SHOCKED:

SnoopyIsMyHero 04-10-2012 12:48 PM

When you get smoked by a Prius...then you have problems...

:D

GTyankee 04-10-2012 01:52 PM

Which rear end ratio do you have, 3.55 or 3.92
Are you running the stock throttle body

Single or dual exhaust
Tire tread & size
restricted stock Y pipe

The last 3 may seem like little things, but they add up

I see you mentioned on ramps, out here many of the on ramps are metered, they have a stop light 2/3rds of the way up & you are expected to merge with traffic that is traveling at 65 mph. A perfect legal short run drag strip of sorts, Zero to 65 mph :)

DodgeRamMan71 04-10-2012 02:32 PM

2 words Bro.... DiablowSport InTune... That tuner rocks. I have one for my 2010 RAM 4x4 QC 1500 HEMI I have the 3.55 rear end. It runs like a beast now.:smileup:
I also have the MOPAR CAI, that does not hurt, either,lol

TheSatinPumpkin 04-10-2012 02:38 PM

OP has a 11 but the DSI is darn nifty.

wvcoolvinilla 04-10-2012 02:53 PM

Uhhh something is not right here.. if you have 3.55's that is your problem.. BTW my wife drives a 08 Charger RT/RT and you are correct the LX is a killer car.. not that I would want any new stangs or camero's.. but older stangs are childs play. All we have on the Charger is DST, CIA, 180 stat, catch can.

Express Hemi 04-10-2012 03:41 PM

As a previous owner of an '05 Magnum RT, I completely concur. Mine had a tune, CAI and exhaust. I also had the traction control "disable". That car surprised many unsuspecting victims hahahaha...

My 2011 Express came with 3.55s and an open diff (boooo!). I wanted to order one with the 3.92s and limited slip but I didn't have enough money to put down for an order, so I bought one off the lot.

Gears make a pretty big difference in these trucks... The Tundra has I think 4.10s and limited slip. They are surprisingly quick...

CHVYKLR 04-10-2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roman Chariot (Post 772932)
Alright this is the deal, I traded in an 05 Magnum RT on this 2011 QC Hemi 4x4 becuase my old hemi kicks ass and I ran it to 100k with little to no decrease in performance.:smileup: I blew the doors off so many people in the maggie it was ridiculous. As a matter of fact nobody had ever beaten me on an Interstate on ramp pull in that car.

But the reaon why I am pissed is that there have been only 3 times in the last year when I have wanted to smoke someody, Each time I have not been able to pull on them.

First one was an 05 Accord with 3 fat dudes in it. Screw those guys!
Second was a 9 or 10 F150, def not an ecoboost or 5.0. Dead even...dammit!
Today was an 06 Sierra Denali pulling a ******* trailer with a welder on it. I could barely pass him.

Anyway, long story short I have not been able to pull away on anybody that i have tried to, and i have chosen my opponents wisely. Now I'm scared to run this truck against anybody. Boo! Th only thing I can find wrong with the truck is that it was built on a monday.

I dont mind 15 MPG but I want to be able to smoke ford and chevy...screw this!

what gears do you have? I'd recommend swapping to 4.10s or 4.56s but you are 4wd and it'll be pretty expensive. If you have 3.92s a swap to 4.10s would a big waste of money...go 4.56s. If you have 3.55s then I'd say make your decision based off of how much hwy driving you do or if you ever plan on getting a taller tire you def want 4.56s. I went from 3.55 to 4.10 b/c I drive 24 miles to work each day.

On the less expensive side would be the simple mods: CAI and exhaust.

I guess it depends on how bad you want to make some power. A PCM swap would enable you tune and then the doors really open...cam, forced induction, etc.

RamTex 04-10-2012 05:23 PM

Sounds like he might have what we call the (Timmy's) 3:21's! No offense timmy you still got the fastest ram around on 3:21's that why i just now named them after you :)