DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram MPG Zone (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=237)
-   -   To the Gas Mileage Cry Babies...LOL (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=110037)

2012Longhorn 04-11-2012 06:40 PM

To the Gas Mileage Cry Babies...LOL

Just checked the average MPGs on the wifeys 2012 GC, and it's just about the same as mine...city driving (~14 - ~15 mpg). Pretty happy with it considering it's a heavy truck with all the extra options including 4x4. Don't know what the comparison is while driving on the highway, but pretty happy in city mode.

I hooked the travel trailer (de-winterizing time) and couldn't believe how different it was pulling it vs. my '06 QC. I got the 4-point equilizer tweaked and couldn't notice a difference in sag as I feared since we now have coil instead of leaf springs. I didn't have a HEMI on the '06 and was happier than a dog with two tails with the power I now have. I also love the integrated brake controller. I had an aftermarket on the SLT and it left many scars while exiting or entering the truck. I haven't flashed the EVIC yet, but will do it when the oil change is due.

So, you cry babies....get a Prius....and for your speed cry babies...get a sports car. LMAO

hammer1 04-11-2012 08:56 PM

Back at you buddy!! Tired of getting walked by my friends ford with a ecoboost 6, while getting much better fuel economy then my 2012 Hemi crew . BTW it tows better too. Does not have a cylinder de-activation to achieve these goals. Does not have huge weights attached to the frame to cut down on the harmonic vibration created by the hemi. When coming to a stop the fuel does not hit you in the back. I guess thats a dodge reminder that you still have some left! I like my truck but it has it faults and some company's are doing a better job. Just saying!!

Atomik69 04-11-2012 11:43 PM

Just my 2 cents on Ecoboost..... Yes they are a bit faster and have a bit more power... but at what expense? An engine that has Turbo's.... Which require more maintenance, More expensive Premium fuel, and have more parts that are going to cost way more to fix when they blow.... also depending on what they take with them when they go. We will see how they hold out, in the meantime I'll dream about the day they crack this ECU and we can throw superchargers on these Hemi's and tune them to run in the high 400's for HP etc etc...

Who knows I might be wrong down the road, but for now at least Im not driving a Ford :P

ONOutdoorsman 04-11-2012 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammer1 (Post 774492)
Back at you buddy!! Tired of getting walked by my friends ford with a ecoboost 6, while getting much better fuel economy then my 2012 Hemi crew .

Could be the driver.

Bg Rd Ram 04-12-2012 12:20 AM

Have a friend with and ecoboost, she gets terrible fuel mileage. If you drive with your foot in it you're gonna get poor MPG. I agree with Atomik69, there are more parts that can fail with a turbo 6 running at high compression. Time will tell.

5500 04-12-2012 12:32 AM

Every time I think about the mileage, I just nail it and the hemi puts a :smileup: on my face!

If I wanted a truck for light duty and better mileage, I might consider an ecoboost but I would never tow with one. I have buds who own them and are sorry they didn't go for the 5.0

Guys, its a truck, like 2012 Longhorn says...

2012Longhorn 04-12-2012 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5500 (Post 774746)
Guys, its a truck, like 2012 Longhorn says...

That was exactly my point!

I wanted the luxury of a nice big sedan, the power to easily tow toys, my mouth to drool whenever I looked at it, and to be honest when I was shopping I never looked at how many MPGs they got or how fast they could do the 1/4 mile. The Fords are nice trucks, but in my opinion, the Rams started looking much better ever since they came up with that new front end, and they keep out-designing other brands.

2012Longhorn 04-12-2012 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammer1 (Post 774492)
Back at you buddy!! Tired of getting walked by my friends ford with a ecoboost 6, while getting much better fuel economy then my 2012 Hemi crew . BTW it tows better too. Does not have a cylinder de-activation to achieve these goals. Does not have huge weights attached to the frame to cut down on the harmonic vibration created by the hemi. When coming to a stop the fuel does not hit you in the back. I guess thats a dodge reminder that you still have some left! I like my truck but it has it faults and some company's are doing a better job. Just saying!!

I dunno man, a 3.5 V6 making that much torque? I guess if you are going to drive it for 3 years and then trade it in...

As long as I can afford a big block V8, I'll always drive one.

BLKSVT 04-12-2012 09:06 AM

Well I have the best of both worlds! A FORD Lightning and a Dodge Hemi Ram...two totally different trucks that perform in 2 totally different ways...As my signature says "I get smiles per gallon".

tison1200 04-12-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2012Longhorn (Post 774889)
I dunno man, a 3.5 V6 making that much torque? I guess if you are going to drive it for 3 years and then trade it in...

As long as I can afford a big block V8, I'll always drive one.

If your refering to the Hemi as a big block its actually a small block lol.