DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Electrical (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=199)
-   -   Radio Question (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=110119)

pvollman 04-12-2012 01:03 PM

Radio Question

Does anyone know how to turn off the variable volume setting on the 2012 Dodge Ram 1500o Sport radio? The fluctuation in volume is very annoying when stopping at a sign or light.

I have the volume at a certain level for a reason.

2012Longhorn 04-12-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pvollman (Post 775075)
Does anyone know how to turn off the variable volume setting on the 2012 Dodge Ram 1500o Sport radio? The fluctuation in volume is very annoying when stopping at a sign or light.

I have the volume at a certain level for a reason.

Are you talking about the speed sensitive auto volume deal? I've been wanting to ask about that because mine does it too. It's really hard to notice, but it does seem to increase in volume at certain speeds, but there is no option on the EVIC to tweak it. I've had other cars that had the option to turn on/off or how much volume it increases.

bassbolt 04-12-2012 03:23 PM

I have the 730N radio and I didn't even know there was such a thing .... The only volume variations I get are when the nav babe is talking to me or I answer the phone then the radio mutes.

GTyankee 04-12-2012 03:37 PM

That is a new feature to me as well
You should be able to control it through the radios Main Menu

I wish that i could control the womans voice in the NAV mode, she sounds like she is angry at me when i miss a turn
Luckily the latest update did help quite a bit, it doesn't keep telling me to make a U turn, it almost immediately starts recalibrating the route

2012Longhorn 04-14-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTyankee (Post 775191)
That is a new feature to me as well
You should be able to control it through the radios Main Menu

I wish that i could control the womans voice in the NAV mode, she sounds like she is angry at me when i miss a turn
Luckily the latest update did help quite a bit, it doesn't keep telling me to make a U turn, it almost immediately starts recalibrating the route

Yeah, that's bitching Betty for ya! It would be nice to be able to chose different voices like some of the portable GPS units.

2012Longhorn 04-14-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bassbolt (Post 775182)
I have the 730N radio and I didn't even know there was such a thing .... The only volume variations I get are when the nav babe is talking to me or I answer the phone then the radio mutes.

Oh no, that's not a nav babe. She's probably 300 lbs and really angry if you don't listen to her.

I actually don't know if that's what the radio is really doing. My hearing is pretty bad from being around jets and motorcycles. Anyone know if the radio's volume actually goes up with speed?

ONOutdoorsman 04-14-2012 10:31 PM

If SSV exists for the 2012 radio(s) there is no setting for it in my truck. Which radio do you have? I have the 430 RBZ.

brad12kx 04-15-2012 12:37 AM

I am not aware of it having this feature, but I was sure the other day I noticed it turn down the volume when I came off the highway and to a complete stop. :4-dontknow: