DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Exhaust (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Loud...I want LOUD (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=110649)

nfllover911 04-18-2012 08:42 PM

Loud...I want LOUD

So far I have the mufflex 14" on my truck and I do like it very much but its starting to lose its pop. I honestly could care less about losing a couple horse power to be honest if I am looking to race someone I have a different car for that. What are you guys doing to make your trucks loud without being able to disable the MDS. I mean I know how to make a car loud its just I dont want it to sound like the motor is gonna fall out of the truck when the MDS kicks in.

Bordin 04-18-2012 08:45 PM

Get a set of AR Headers, replace your stock Y pipe!

SS4Luck 04-19-2012 03:08 AM

A set or AR headers w/ a corsa or just a muffler delete will wake the dead. When I ran around open y pipe you could have a conversation in the car next to me let alone my truck

mugapug 04-19-2012 08:33 PM

Electric exhaust cutouts not much louder than open pipe

AutoAnything 04-20-2012 08:29 PM

yes, headers will make it louder!!!

crusher 04-20-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nfllover911 (Post 779603)
So far I have the mufflex 14" on my truck and I do like it very much but its starting to lose its pop. I honestly could care less about losing a couple horse power to be honest if I am looking to race someone I have a different car for that. What are you guys doing to make your trucks loud without being able to disable the MDS. I mean I know how to make a car loud its just I dont want it to sound like the motor is gonna fall out of the truck when the MDS kicks in.

mufflex made a other kit the dodm80 witch is louder than the 14"

thats what they say: You asked for and we made it! The DODM80 is made by Mufflex for those who want something more aggressive sounding than our DOD14M.

This unit is made of 409 Stainless Steel and has a lifetime manufacturers warranty The decibel level on this unit is as aggressive as it gets with a sound level of 10.

E.L.D. 44 04-21-2012 08:43 AM

best bet for loud is exhaust cutouts. flip the switch and you are running straight pipe! It will surely sound like ass when mds kicks in but what doesn't? lol. You could run in manual mode and that would disable mds from ever kicking on. If you wanted to go full exhaust I did long tube headers, reso delete, borla turbo xl muffler, and larger tips and wow! A buddy was following behind me the other day and he put it best.."every time you got in it it sounded like you were eating the car in front of you!" lol. Sounds amazing and is fairly quiet at idle or cruise speeds. Having said all that this set up is still 10 times more than cut outs. lol

2012Express 04-21-2012 08:48 AM

My truck currently has no muffler on it, it just dumps where the muffler hooks up and it still is not very loud at all.

nfllover911 04-21-2012 03:33 PM

I am thinking of running straights right out of the headers at this point.

crusher 04-21-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nfllover911 (Post 781730)
I am thinking of running straights right out of the headers at this point.

the hell with that,,, think big,.. no headers at all..., direct from engine, nothing else,.. lol no restriction at all, :LOL: