DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Electrical (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=199)
-   -   Side Puddle Lamp Replacement (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=111106)

Subydude09 04-24-2012 02:44 AM

Side Puddle Lamp Replacement

Apparently my passenger side puddle lamp mounted under the side mirror has burned out/quit working.
Anyone have any idea how to access these lights for replacement?
Owners manual doesn't even mention them...

GTyankee 04-24-2012 02:48 AM

I am guessing here
Rotate your mirror glass all the way out
you should see the clip(s) that holds the mirror glass in
once removed, you should be able to figure it out

JLong 07-09-2012 10:45 AM

My Driver side is a bright white color and my passenger side is a not as bright blueish. is that normal?

slack3r724 07-09-2012 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subydude09 (Post 783794)
Apparently my passenger side puddle lamp mounted under the side mirror has burned out/quit working.
Anyone have any idea how to access these lights for replacement?
Owners manual doesn't even mention them...

I've got the same issue from all the searching most people say you can't service them they need replaced, you can get it done under the 3/36k warranty.

"Just want to let everyone know that the 4th gen puddle lights are not properly sealed from the factory and will become water logged and corrode. Both left and right on my truck are corroded already.

I just picked up another puddle light from a 2011 and you can visibly see the two halves are not properly sealed and it had some water in the unit.

YOU CANNOT BUY JUST THE PUDDLE LIGHTS FROM DODGE
(You must buy the entire mirror assembly)

**save yourself time and money and reseal yours with some silicone!**"

Hope this helps

dodge3800 07-14-2012 01:45 PM

You don't need to replace the entire mirror, the puddle lamp can be purchased for about $40 from your dealer.

BigTJohn 07-14-2012 01:50 PM

Will a thinner sealer work, like a lacquer seal or enamel seal? Seems silicone will be a bit much but I guess if one is careful...

GTyankee 07-14-2012 02:16 PM

On my '09, i have not seen any water in my puddle lamps
it now has 66,000 miles on it
where i live it doesn't rain a lot
but i wash it often at the car wash

BigTJohn 07-14-2012 03:20 PM

Since I do not know, can puddle lights and in mirror signals be "flashed" by the dealer to function if they are an after install but OEM? I am thinking of replacing my reg mirrors with newer flipup tow mirrors.

RyanJM 07-15-2012 01:57 AM

Think when mine go bad I will just smoke them extremely dark.

crusher 07-18-2012 08:32 AM

i beleive someone on this site did replace one of them but he was saying that the replacement bulb are not blueish their white,.. so unless you buy the hole assembly you might end up with one side white they other blueish