DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Pictures - Photos (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Brand Spanking New 2012 Ram 1500 Express (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=111143)

Blue Jay 04-24-2012 08:57 PM

Brand Spanking New 2012 Ram 1500 Express
 
Hello, my name is Jay and I joined the forums today. I picked up a brand new 2012 2wd Ram 1500 Express. I saved up for a new vehicle, sold my old 1996 Saturn SL2, and bought this Black Beauty straight out! Such a comfortable ride, and the power is amazing! One downfall is the gas mileage compared to my old Saturn, but everything else makes up for it.

Completed Upgrades:

-Window Tint
-Mud Flaps


Upcoming Upgrades:

-Swap out the muffler for a Flowmaster leaving the stock resonators
-4300k HID's for both Low/High and Fogs (Anyone experience flicker?)
-Audio upgrade (Pioneer System)
-R/T Hood
-Bed Cover
-Brake Controller

There is one upgrade in mind but I'm not sure if it's possible. I realize I have the "One-Wheel Wonder" 3.55 and I'm wondering if I'm able to upgrade to 3.92 LSD.

Also, is the bedliner supposed to be bulging up?

Here's a few pics of my new Ram...

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...58403124_o.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...01872916_o.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...5/IMG_0967.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...90474024_n.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...78614406_o.jpg

dac1959 04-24-2012 09:00 PM

Pretty truck.Black is beautiful! Hell I love em all!:smileup:

STERLING RAM 82 04-24-2012 09:24 PM

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the ride!! Haha, love how you mentioned the fuel difference between the ram and the saturn!!! I got quite a chuckle out of that! I do not see where your bed liner is buldging up though. Not sure if anyone has had that issue (maybe due to fitment?) but mine is not. Also, yes you can upgrade to the 3.92, but it can get costly unless you are proficient enough to perform it as a DIY project.

Blue Jay 04-24-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STERLING RAM 82 (Post 784399)
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the ride!! Haha, love how you mentioned the fuel difference between the ram and the saturn!!! I got quite a chuckle out of that! I do not see where your bed liner is buldging up though. Not sure if anyone has had that issue (maybe due to fitment?) but mine is not. Also, yes you can upgrade to the 3.92, but it can get costly unless you are proficient enough to perform it as a DIY project.

I figure it would be costly, perhaps it's best to save that in the long run. As far as the bedliner problem, I took a few quick pics to show an example and I was also told by the dealer it was done on purpose so it can line out flat as the sun hits it in which this case...I have my doubts.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...5/IMG_1061.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...5/IMG_1063.jpg

STERLING RAM 82 04-24-2012 10:08 PM

Yeah, I am not too sure about that. Maybe someone else will disagree, but mine certainly did not look like that. Let that baby out in the Florida sun for a few days and see what happens. I would definately keep the pictures youve taken, and if it does not go down, then take it back in and have them replace the liner.

Blue Jay 04-25-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STERLING RAM 82 (Post 784455)
Yeah, I am not too sure about that. Maybe someone else will disagree, but mine certainly did not look like that. Let that baby out in the Florida sun for a few days and see what happens. I would definately keep the pictures youve taken, and if it does not go down, then take it back in and have them replace the liner.

Yeah, I'll leave the tailgate down and let that sun hit it. Hopefully that will do the trick.

JimsRamTruck2012 04-25-2012 12:12 PM

From one new member with a regular cab express to another Welcome!:smiley_thumbs_up:

Since the truck is so new I would bring it back to the dealer and have them work on it.

As for the rest of the truck, what's not to like about it??? :smiley_thumbs_up: So far I'm enjoying mine. :smiley_thumbs_up:

Blue Jay 04-25-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimsRamTruck2012 (Post 784877)
From one new member with a regular cab express to another Welcome!:smiley_thumbs_up:

Since the truck is so new I would bring it back to the dealer and have them work on it.

As for the rest of the truck, what's not to like about it??? :smiley_thumbs_up: So far I'm enjoying mine. :smiley_thumbs_up:

Thank you! I did bring it back and they told me to wait it out and let the sun set it down. Before I left, I saw other new trucks with the same bulge that had the drop-in bedliner. This dealership opened up a few months ago so I'm thinking of heading up to another one close by. I also happen to find this here...

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=100956

jacksonsnorth 04-26-2012 07:27 AM

Sweet truck man! If i did not have to lug alot of kids around all the time, ( Grandson, Neices and nephews, etc) Then it would be a single cab for me so I could really get some offroad action going on it. Great truck...Go Express!

Chunkem 04-28-2012 05:40 PM

Great looking truck.....Thanks for the pics......


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger