DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (
-   Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video (
-   -   Drop down monitor with lockpick. (

BMax94 04-25-2012 11:39 AM

Drop down monitor with lockpick.
I have the 430n RHB radio in my truck and I'm looking at getting the Lockpick v.4 and installing a monitor for back seat video. I'm interested in being able to display DVD video from the head unit to the back seat and I'm sure this will work. The monitor also has a built in digital TV tuner for over the air broadcasts. My question is, using the a/v out on the monitor will I be able to display the over the air signal on the head unit? If I understand the lockpick correctly it shouldn't be a problem, but I want to make sure it's what I want before I commit. Anyone have input? Here is a link for the monitor I'm considering.

Also, does anyone have step by step install instructions/pictures/video of a drop down monitor or DVD install on a 4th gen truck? Do I tie in to the rear dome light to power it? I've seen a few threads with pics, but there aren't really any detailed instructions I've found. I'm a bit nervous about installing myself without a visual of what I'd be doing. I may just end up taking it in to a shop and having it put in if it isn't too expensive to do so.

Thanks in advance for any help and/or input.

Miami Son 04-25-2012 07:53 PM

I haven't used them on mine, but the in/outs of the Lockpick should do what you want them to. There are also additional power outputs for other devices provided by the Lockpick. As for using the dome light, I believe it only has power when it is on (interior lights on or door open), unlike the overhead map lights that are turned on and off any time by pushing them and must have power all the time to work.

NAV-TV 04-27-2012 05:22 PM

My name is Lenny and I work at NAV-TV. We are an Approved Vendor of the Ram Forumz....We have a Module that is reliable and Made in America called the ALLGIG w/AVCable.

This module will allow you to add a Backup Camera + Rear Output for Monitors + 1 Audio Video Input, in addition it will Unlock the Factory DVD/Nav so you can view it in motion as well as inputting addresses on the Fly -

Let know if you have any questions - NAV-TV is Made in America