Shifter cable adjustment ?
ok my shifter cable broke right at the shift lever . It was the plastic rod that attached to the shifter. I went and replaced that but now my gears wont line up and i can get it into 1st gear from the shifter . Is there an adjustment? i believe i had the shifter and the tranny in park when i put the new cable back in
Gearshift Cable Adjustment Procedure:
1. Apply the parking brake. Shift the transmission into PARK.
2. Release the cable adjuster lock tab (underneath the steering column) to unlock the cable. This lock tab is right at the upper end of the cable.
3. Raise (or crawl underneath) the vehicle.
4. Disengage the cable eyelet from the shift lever on the transmission.
5. Verify the transmission shift lever is in the PARK detent by moving the lever fully rearward. The last rearward detent is the PARK position.
6. Verify positive engagement of the transmission park lock by attempting to rotate the driveshaft. Shaft will not rotate when park lock is engaged.
7. Snap the cable eyelet onto the transmission shift lever.
8. Lower the vehicle (or crawl back out from underneath).
9. Lock the shift cable by pressing the cable adjuster lock tab downward until it snaps into place.
10. Check engine starting. The engine should start only in PARK and NEUTRAL.
11. Release the parking brake.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:58 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger