DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2011 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   Question for Big Horn Owners (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=111389)

Hex 04-27-2012 03:27 PM

Question for Big Horn Owners

I know this is an easy question, but what makes your truck different from my Sport?

It has the same engine, same options, same exterior. Seems to me the only difference is the big horn badging.

What am I missing?

gusman 04-27-2012 03:30 PM

Far as I know sport is body color matched exterior, leather trimmed dash, leather trimmed seats, standard bucket seats (could be wrong on that one), color matched mirror caps. Big horn is chrome exterior parts and interior is more... blah

Hex 04-27-2012 03:36 PM

I always though the big horn was 2nd from the top of the line. It went Long Horn than Big Horn. But looking at the features on the website more it seems like the Sport is above the Big Horn on the features list. Curiousity got me today

farf02 04-27-2012 03:44 PM

There are a lot of 'little things' that have been mentioned, plus standard 430 HDD, homelink, lighted visor mirrors, auto dimming os mirror, turn signal mirrors.....my favorite things are the non two tone seats and the laramie style padded dash

Hex 04-27-2012 03:56 PM

it sounds like everything I have in my Sport. Though. Maybe I just need to see the two side by side. I might have gotten a couple extra features on mine that I thought were factory for the sport. I have the 430N with 30g HDD, night vision mirros, auto dimming OS mirrors and mirror turn signals. I have the two tone cloth seats, so that's different and my dash is padded, so I'll have to see that one in person to get the difference.

tazzcometh 04-27-2012 09:31 PM

My Big Horn came with 20in tires, one solid body color with no molding. Heated os mirrors, and the basic inside, cruise, tilt, so on.

klicker 04-27-2012 09:50 PM

My Big Horn has everything my friends sport has in the interior except ventilated seats, dual zone climate control, nice dash. It also came with the "chrome pkg" on the outside. (which I am slowly removing) I added Katzkin leather before taking delivery.

dkerr24 04-27-2012 11:54 PM

With as many option packages as are available, hard to narrow it down to much beyond what's already been stated.

My Big Horn has 20" chrome wheels which are 1" wider than the 'non-chrome' 20" wheels, chrome bumpers, side mirrors that are heated, have turn and puddle lamps built in. About anything else different would be due to various option packages... like the USB port in the upper glove box, lighted vanity mirrors, AC adapter in dash.

Seems like about the only thing I didn't get was the upgraded head unit (I have the 130 RES), and the fancier Laramie dash with the stiching across the top edge.

Darin

SS4Luck 04-28-2012 06:35 AM

Dont forget Sports have different color matched front bumpers (they are one piece instead of 2) and they also have the color matched rear bumpers/door handles