DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Now I understand the reasoning for 2009+ being called Ram Truck instead of Dodge Ram! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=111493)

Gantman 04-29-2012 12:08 AM

Now I understand the reasoning for 2009+ being called Ram Truck instead of Dodge Ram!

This has probably been covered many times but I read a members comment somewhere as to the changing of hands to ownership of our 2009+ Ram's. It got me curious as to who owns more stock in Chrysler/Dodge over Fiat. F
iat owns 58.5 percent of Chrysler as of January 2012 according to Tulsaworld.
"Ram Trucks was established as a subsidiary of Chrysler in 2009, as a spinoff from Dodge, using the name of the popular Dodge Ram line of pickups that is now sold under the Ram banner.[1] According to Chrysler, the Ram brand will concentrate on "real truck customers," rather than casual truck buyers who buy trucks for image or style.[2]
The Ram brand was created following Chrysler's alliance with Italian automaker Fiat, and the plans called for Dodge switching to an exclusively car-based lineup with all pickup and future heavy-duty trucks by Chrysler being sold under the Ram brand. This was to start in the 2010 calendar year. There is also a possibility of adopting Fiat's Iveco Daily commercial van to fill the gap of the Sprinter which Mercedes ended the production of in 2008. The goal was to increase truck sales "from today's 280,000 to 415,000 by 2014".[3]
Executives at Chrysler have stated their intention to compete in the semi-trailer truck category with Ram, a possibility that is aided by Fiat's ownership of Iveco and an already available network of Dodge dealers. Even though the Ram trucks are marketed separately from Dodge cars, Ram Division President Fred Diaz stated, "Ram trucks will always and forever be Dodges. Ram will always have the Dodge emblem inside and outside and they will be vinned as a Dodge. We need to continue to market as Ram so Dodge can have a different brand identity: hip, cool, young, energetic. That will not fit the campaign for truck buyers. The two should have distinct themes."[4]
The Ram brand logo features the head of a ram, formerly the logo used by Dodge."

Unfairkickazz93 04-30-2012 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gantman (Post 787747)
Ram will always have the Dodge emblem inside and outside and they will be

I dont Understand this, where does it say Dodge on the outside?

ShawnC13 05-01-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unfairkickazz93 (Post 789177)
I dont Understand this, where does it say Dodge on the outside?

Don't the newer Rams have Dodge on the top of the back emblem? Thought I saw that on one.

Arth 05-01-2012 09:57 AM

You are correct. At least on my 09.

CdnoilRAM 05-01-2012 07:03 PM

What they mean is the 'ram' emblem has been THE symbol of dodge for 20+ years, and it's still around. You can call them a RAM, but let's face it, how many of you talk about your "RAM" around truck guys? Being around all the brands, everyone still talks about Dodge trucks.

2011 ASSAULT 800 05-01-2012 08:03 PM

I saw someone on here say that the new ones, dont have any dodge badges inside or out, could be wrong. they are still built in the same place by the same people, nothing really new.

ShawnC13 05-01-2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2011 ASSAULT 800 (Post 789826)
I saw someone on here say that the new ones, dont have any dodge badges inside or out, could be wrong. they are still built in the same place by the same people, nothing really new.

Sorry thread Jack here. Assault your truck looks sweet with those flares and new rims!!!! Every post seeing the pic in your signature makes me wish I had money to do that to mine lol

DrumMedic 05-02-2012 10:04 AM

My 2011 has a logo in the interior above the radio that says the word "Dodge." Here is a pic:

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...5/491087f4.jpg

That is the only thing that says "Dodge" on the truck. The "Ram" logo is on the grill, the steering wheel, and the tailgate. There is also a similar logo as in the pic below the radio that says "Ram". And the key says "Ram."

Unfairkickazz93 05-02-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrumMedic (Post 790371)
My 2011 has a logo in the interior above the radio that says the word "Dodge." Here is a pic:

That is the only thing that says "Dodge" on the truck. The "Ram" logo is on the grill, the steering wheel, and the tailgate. There is also a similar logo as in the pic below the radio that says "Ram". And the key says "Ram."

This is the same for the 2012's also.

2500hd 05-02-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnC13 (Post 789381)
Don't the newer Rams have Dodge on the top of the back emblem? Thought I saw that on one.

09/10 had "dodge" above the ram emblem on the tail gate. 11+ now have a larger ram emblem. I have to admit I think I like just the ram on the back.