DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Body & Interior (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   New front bumper (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=111963)

Emorris69 05-04-2012 09:28 AM

New front bumper

So I decided to swap out my factory chrome front and rear bumpers for paint to match. In the process I got the back bumper with the exhaust wholes and the stock fog light holes in the front. I tried to order the dodge parts for the lights but they are 100 each and I need to buy this mopar kit with the wiring harness and switches to make it work and thats 150. Has any one put the stock lights on their truck? Im supper happy with the paint and just need some lights to get the whole thing to work, any advice?

Emorris69

dawg11 05-05-2012 11:49 PM

I want to do the same thing . I have a 2010 SLT with the chrome bumper with out the factory fog lights . Its got a little dent @ the license plate holder , which was all I needed to convince the wife to let me get a new bumper . I have found a chrome bumper with the factory fog lights already installed off a 2011 Big Horn. My truck for some unknown reason already has the factory fog light switch installed with the head light controls . It even has a working fog light indicator on the instrument cluster . So the $64,000 question is : Will this be a plug and play swap ? And if it is does anyone know where to locate the recepticle to plug the fog lights in ?

Chunkem 05-06-2012 10:54 PM

Post some pics and keep us updated.......

Ace-- 05-06-2012 10:56 PM

Sweet!, I want the body matching ones as well.. Post pics when completed!

Amart 05-08-2012 01:37 AM

Where did you get your bumpers? The dealer? I hate the chrome on my truck and would love to get colour matched bumpers and a grille. I may look around at scrap yards soon. I can get a good deal on paint through work if I have too.

1500ram12 05-11-2012 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawg11 (Post 793097)
I want to do the same thing . I have a 2010 SLT with the chrome bumper with out the factory fog lights . Its got a little dent @ the license plate holder , which was all I needed to convince the wife to let me get a new bumper . I have found a chrome bumper with the factory fog lights already installed off a 2011 Big Horn. My truck for some unknown reason already has the factory fog light switch installed with the head light controls . It even has a working fog light indicator on the instrument cluster . So the $64,000 question is : Will this be a plug and play swap ? And if it is does anyone know where to locate the recepticle to plug the fog lights in ?

look under the front of the truck. If you see wires tied up or plugged into dummy plugs on both sides where the fog lights would go than it should be just a plug and play swap. If not, you will need to order the fog light jumper wires. they run about $50/60 depending were you get them from. not hard to install the wiring harness.

1500ram12 05-11-2012 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amart (Post 794351)
Where did you get your bumpers? The dealer? I hate the chrome on my truck and would love to get colour matched bumpers and a grille. I may look around at scrap yards soon. I can get a good deal on paint through work if I have too.

check ebay. they have a big selection of color matched front and rear bumpers for decent prices. def cheaper than going through a dealer. Also check rockauto.com you will be able to find primed bumper.

Amart 05-12-2012 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1500ram12 (Post 796854)
check ebay. they have a big selection of color matched front and rear bumpers for decent prices. def cheaper than going through a dealer. Also check rockauto.com you will be able to find primed bumper.

Awesome, thanks. I will be looking into that. I never thought of ebay.

t00tall10169 05-12-2012 01:09 AM

looking forward to weeing this all done. i am also considering matching my grill to the paint

Emorris69 05-21-2012 02:31 AM

It is all finished and looks sweet. The bumpers are from here and there. I need to get my comp flashed to run the fog lights but the swap was easy. I am just waiting for an excuse to get it in there so my buddy can just do it. Ill post picks after I get it cleaned up