DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   So how do you keep cool? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=111974)

slasher012 05-04-2012 12:02 PM

So how do you keep cool?

With the summer coming up and temps already climbing, how does everybody keep cool? I work at a Nissan dealership so I work in a shop that can reach over 100degrees sometimes. I'm trying to find some ways to keep myself cool other than the fans we have throughout the shop. We are allowed to wear shorts luckly, but has to be the ones the company provides, good enough. Still have to wear shoes and socks. And our uniform shirts are very rough on bear skin so I have to wear a undershirt. I've thought about buying some Under Armour tight shirts to wear under my uniform shirt. Any other ideas out there, and what does anybody do to keep cool?

SS4Luck 05-04-2012 01:02 PM

Those under armor shirts can be a life saver. They have ones you freeze/refrigerate and stay cool for a few hours (wore then under my goalie jersey playing soccer)

I'm always sweating, non stop no matter what the weather, so I give up on trying to keep cool a long time ago

2500hd 05-04-2012 02:42 PM

Water with lots and lots of ice. Not really a new or cool idea but it does the trick for me. I worked in the back for 5 years and know how you feel. I now work up front in parts and the a/c keeps me cool :)

2011 ASSAULT 800 05-04-2012 03:39 PM

I work underground, depending on location, depth and air flow in the location it can be nice and cool or very hot. The shop I was in last summer at 3450 feet down was 40*C (100+ F) most of the summer, the air flow through the shop was poor, our lunch room/refuge station was air conditioned so hour long lunch breaks were nice, also outside of the shop was a fresh air raise bringing fresh air from surface, if I got hot I went and sat infront of that thing for a while. One day last summer it hit 54* C with humidity (130*F) that day was 15 mins of work and 45 mins in the lunch room by law. For my work it is mostly all about air flow, some levels of the mine would be nice and cold, go up the ramp 100 feet and its nasty hot. I am a mechanic and the more the machines ran in the shop (we tried not to run them much) the warmer it would be. As far as at home, I dont have air conditioning so I usually open windows and turn fans on, or go sit in the garage, it usually stays cool.

also clothing wise, we have to wear pretty heavy duty coverals and are "supposed" to wear long sleeve shirt and pants under that (ya fawkin right), a hard hat and safety glasses at all times unless in the refuge station/lunch room. No matter how shitty it gets I still love it, I just slow my pace down or complain more LOL

bigdaddyII 05-04-2012 03:48 PM

I sweat my ass off, use my bodys natural cooling system lol. My job is usually a mix of inside and outside, so I deal with the heat as much as possible then run inside like a little bitch.

Warlock III 05-04-2012 06:16 PM

For me it's always hot. I don't even think I won a winter jacket. I was raised in Michigan and I don't know if the air out here is just drier or what...so for me it's just another level of He...ck. My truck has 275 air. I roll down both windows and do 75mph.

brad12kx 05-05-2012 01:07 AM

I'm spoiled. My house, garage, vehicles, office, warehouse and company vehicles are all air conditioned......not that we need it for more than 4 hours a year! LOL

GTyankee 05-05-2012 01:25 AM

I worked out in the California Desert
Everyone dressed for the heat, just like you would dress for the cold

you look like a desert camel rider, several layers of light material, white or light tan is preferred

your sweat soaks into the material & acts like a swamp cooler, just keep hydrated & eat things like bananas, peaches, etc

ArmyofOne 05-09-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slasher012 (Post 792193)
With the summer coming up and temps already climbing, how does everybody keep cool? I work at a Nissan dealership so I work in a shop that can reach over 100degrees sometimes. I'm trying to find some ways to keep myself cool other than the fans we have throughout the shop. We are allowed to wear shorts luckly, but has to be the ones the company provides, good enough. Still have to wear shoes and socks. And our uniform shirts are very rough on bear skin so I have to wear a undershirt. I've thought about buying some Under Armour tight shirts to wear under my uniform shirt. Any other ideas out there, and what does anybody do to keep cool?

LOL, I wish my shop was 100 deg.

Its 130+ every day where I work (open motor pool in Afghanistan).

FML.:LOL:

Excoastie 05-09-2012 10:29 AM

I stay cool the best way....

I drive my Ram down the street.....

nothing cooler than that :D

Exco