DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram 4x4 - Offroad Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=213)
-   -   mud tire choices? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=112084)

bigrigg 05-06-2012 02:58 AM

mud tire choices?

Hey guys im looking for the best mud tire for the best buck that's out there!! please help!! ive found so many choices and now im so confused on what i should get!!:4-dontknow:

MadSoul87 05-06-2012 04:41 AM

I am running Firestone Destination M/T 315/70R17 and I love them. They definitely chew through the mud and get ya through.

dezertrunner 05-06-2012 11:27 AM

BFG KM2, I as well as many others race on them. They're excellent tires.

NWRQC 05-06-2012 11:35 AM

Toyo M/T hands down. I have had several sets and have zero complaints about them. Well worth every penny....

candy08 05-06-2012 12:25 PM

Super Swamper TSL FTW!!!

The KM2s are good til you get them in soupy mud or clay. The Firestone's are a decent tire too, had them back in the day. Uses the same ol mud pattern that's been around for decades. The TOYO MT is a glorified all terrain......sad sad mud tire

Really depends on what you need it for and the type of terrain that's around you. If you really need a great mud tire and ok street performance, couldn't be a better choice than a Swamper.

05ram 05-06-2012 02:20 PM

Nitto Mud or Trail Grapplers, I have the Trails and love them so far, 15,000 miles and still look new.

Coyote EMT 05-06-2012 09:01 PM

If we could get some more guide lines....
Aggressive- Cepek Crushers, nitto mud graps
Long lasting- nitto trail graps, firestone MT, BFG KM2
I would stay with those because they toyo MT and cooper STT are more of an aggressive all terrain. I have used pretty much all of the conventional mud tires, back when the BFG KM was around. The best tire for the buck I would have to say Pro- comp mud terrain. Mine lasted 50,000 miles on a 3/4 ton that pulled quite often. Worked pretty good in mud and sand wouldn't go in any swamp but it is as close to the original BFG as I could find.

black beast 05-06-2012 09:30 PM

i have the firestone destination mt's and i love them. im a big hunter and i help alot on farms. where i hunt is pretty much swamp land and these tires just bite down in two wheel drive and pull me through everything. on road there great tires not to loud and they seem to be lasting great

double0ram 05-06-2012 11:22 PM

ive ran nitto mud grapplers, and loved em. currently running goodyear wrangler mts, and i love them as well. mud grapplers have a decent price as well. it all depends on what rim size you have tho, for price at least.

bigrigg 05-07-2012 12:29 AM

Well ill be going with 17" wheels thinking about going with 33x12.5/17 ill be going hunting so ill be going threw mud but not deep mud and threw snow! but my truck is my daily driver so im going to be looking for something that lasts long too. The road noise i wont mind but if i can find one with low road noise it would be a benefit too!!