DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2011 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   Looking to replace the stiock clad wheels with new ones... (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=112317)

jandrso 05-09-2012 12:17 PM

Looking to replace the stiock clad wheels with new ones...

I currently have the chrome clad wheels. They are sure hard to keep clean. what sort of wheel characteristic should i look for if i want the same tire on the wheel and not worry about spacers and wobble or any hub centric issues?

The truck is not lifted nor will it me. Just a straight swap. Something subtle.

GTyankee 05-09-2012 01:00 PM

I bought some MB Strykers for my stock 2009 Ram QC 1500
I like them, but the offset is not quite right
at FULL left turn, my Michelin tire slightly rubs
at full turn you also hear the power steering pump
so unless i am parking, it doesn't rub

The MBs get dirty quickly too, must be that the stock brake pads cause a ton of brake dust

Excoastie 05-10-2012 09:17 AM

As far as keeping the wheels a little cleaner... try putting some wax on the exposed surfaces... this doesn't really keep 'em cleaner, but some of the dust will slide off and cleaning then is a bit easier.

As far as what wheels you get.... that is a matter of personal preference.. what GT and I like you make think is hideous... the reverse could also be true...

Personally I like the Dickk Cepek DC2 wheels or the Foose Nitros

Exco

BLKSVT 05-10-2012 09:59 AM

Mine are easy to keep clean...I have the membership at the car wash and go at least twice a week...

edd5 05-10-2012 10:23 AM

If you don't like the chrome, try the painted aluminum stockers. You will know for sure that they will fit. You might be able to find someone who will trade with you. Ditto on the waxing to help keep clean; use a high quality long lasting synthetic.

Hex 05-10-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLKSVT (Post 796083)
Mine are easy to keep clean...I have the membership at the car wash and go at least twice a week...

Car washes give memberhips...?

I have the foam ball that I attach to my power drill and use that to clean and buff the wheels whenever I wash her. It works pretty well for keeping the stock chrome shiny.

Gantman 05-10-2012 05:29 PM

Ditto on my Clads with the high quality synthetic polish/wax.

snrusnak 05-10-2012 05:47 PM

Get black wheels they always look clean. I wash my truck 1-2 times a year(once the front wheels turn brown) lol.

wvcoolvinilla 05-10-2012 06:14 PM

The crome clad are actually less maint. than custome believe me.. Go get some MOPAR brand crome cleaner.. states on the bottle for crom clad wheels clean the wheels with this and follow-up with a good quality syn. wax.

snrusnak 05-10-2012 10:01 PM

I used to use "never dull" or "nevrdull" or something like that on my chrome and polished aluminum. It works really well, best thing I found. It comes in a silver/black tin can at autozone, advanced, walmart, etc.