DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Electrical (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=199)
-   -   430N and Lockpick Issue (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=112325)

zone 5 05-09-2012 01:23 PM

430N and Lockpick Issue

I just installed lockpick on my 430N, and all the features work as they should. DVD/rear camera all teh time, gps overrides etc.

BUT

I no longer get a current GPS speed reading on the lower right side of the map screen, or on the more detailed GPS page. It just shows as zero.

However, the GPS still calculates the average moving speed, and shows the max speed, so I know the speed part of it is working, just not the current speed.

Is this an issue with Lockpick, or is there some other thing I should look at? Its Lockpick Version 4

thanks!

300MAG 05-11-2012 02:11 AM

This is normal, you can put it in manual overide mode and just hit the power switch twice to activate lockpick when you want to program nav or watch video in motion. the speedo reading on the gps will read speed until you overide then it will drop to zero.

zone 5 05-11-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 300MAG (Post 796806)
This is normal, you can put it in manual overide mode and just hit the power switch twice to activate lockpick when you want to program nav or watch video in motion. the speedo reading on the gps will read speed until you overide then it will drop to zero.

I didn't think that I had it in override when I saw no GPS. I just hit the softkey for Nav, and saw no speed. I wasn't trying to do anything with the system overridden by Lockpick, unless I did it by mistake. Is there something I can do to turn it "off"? is hitting the power twice the on/off for over ride too, because I haven't done that, and all the functions of lockpick seem to be working fine.

Thanks!

300MAG 05-11-2012 11:17 AM

It come set to overide as default, meaning it will overide all the time. if you want to control overide you need to put in manual mode....press tv tab, scroll down to "auto avr" and press, it should say " auto ovr is on" now press change soft key at top of page, now it should say "auto ovr is now off". now the speedo will work but the lockpick nav and video will be in in active. when you want to overide press the volumn/power knob twice. you need a slight pause between presses i found if you pust fast the override doesnt work, once you figure the timing its very simple to overide, if i had to guess a half second between to pushes.

Hope this helps!

zone 5 05-11-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 300MAG (Post 797003)
It come set to overide as default, meaning it will overide all the time. if you want to control overide you need to put in manual mode....press tv tab, scroll down to "auto avr" and press, it should say " auto ovr is on" now press change soft key at top of page, now it should say "auto ovr is now off". now the speedo will work but the lockpick nav and video will be in in active. when you want to overide press the volumn/power knob twice. you need a slight pause between presses i found if you pust fast the override doesnt work, once you figure the timing its very simple to overide, if i had to guess a half second between to pushes.

Hope this helps!

BINGO! You just explained it, because I know I saw the screen with auto over ride set to on.

THANKS!!!!!:smileup::smileup::smileup: