DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=230)
-   -   My Build with photos (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=112457)

crazymick 05-11-2012 12:52 AM

My Build with photos

7 Attachment(s)
So this is my long overdue return to the site and beginning of my build. I bought My 05 5.7L hemi sport package a little over a year ago. Due to unforseeable circumstances the build portion of my truck was put on hold. Now that I am in a better financial situation I can begin to pick up some mods.
When I first took delievery on the truck I immediately swapped out the exhaust for a Flow master cat back system. Unfortunately I didn't get a high flow Y. Something for down the road. I also went with a single out of the right side due to the trim package.... I am happy with the sound but I feel that I could get a better flowing exhaust so I will be fixing that some time down the road.
I will be seeking out billet badges or some other custom badge maker (if there are any out there) to completely rebadge my truck. I was going to just debadge it but it seems like alot of people are doing that. So in an effort to be different I am working on all new badges. Both sheilds will be changed, Hemi badges, and the ram 1500 badges will all be reworked.
I recently purchased and installed all LED Smoked lights as well as a tailgate light bar and LED fog lights.
I Purchased the required materials to build my custom Dual ram air CAI ( don't know if it will make a difference but by my logic it sure as hell can't hurt. Will post photos of that when everything comes in and its fabricated and installed.
I will be Modding the interior with Yellow and red carbon fiber.
Some day I hope to Paint it satin red with yellow and orange pearl racing stripes (glossy Finish)
Wheels and tires color matching.
Drop it and level it 2-4 front 4-6 rear (suggestions on kits?) Would like to bag it FBSS. I don't want it on the ground and I don't want to loose stability. I drive it hard so if this is not a good Idea (ie bags get squishy in high speed corners) I will stick to the kits and sway bars..
My next mod in the very near future I am going to pick up a programmer. I was looking at the Super Chips Vivid Linq. I Love the idea that I can control it with my cell phone. Plus I have an old cell that I no longer use and it is compatable with the system so that saves me about $300 from the diablo preditor. Has anyone used this system? pro's, con's. I have heard of connectivity issues with the blue tooth system but I have also heard that its a great system. I was playing with the demo tonight and thought it looked pretty cool. User friendly from what I can tell and plenty of options.
Suggestions on any other power adders, cool products, Or if you know of any one who has a viper v10 motor trans and computer I would love to get my hands on one of those......
Thats all I can think of for now. I hope I can continue to mod and post about it for some time to come..

Jchaney579 05-11-2012 01:02 AM

Looks good! Keep em' coming!

ShawnC13 05-11-2012 01:07 AM

Nice looking truck thanks for the pictures!!

MadSoul87 05-11-2012 08:34 AM

go to love the '05 HEMI's. you truck looks good man and seems like you got yourself a plan mapped out. can't wait to see you progress on it

crazymick 05-11-2012 12:59 PM

thanks guys. Yeah I have a few Ideas. I think I will be buying the superchips vivid linq programmer for it this weekend. I will run that from an old phone I have that I don't use any more so I am saving myself some cashola. will be fun to install that and custom build my intake next week and get that all installed. As soon as everything is in I will update with new photos. I plan to take some stock readings and then some readings after the intake and chip is installed. see what kind of gains I get out of the system..

Asur 05-11-2012 07:55 PM

Sweet ride, nice color, keep the pictures coming on your updates