DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2009 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   car wash messed up my truck! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=112536)

MamasLaramie 05-12-2012 12:39 PM

car wash messed up my truck!

So me and my son were having our Mothers Day date when we decide to swing through the car wash. During the wash we both noticed his mirror close suddenly but I thought it may have just been from the force. Get to the end and pull out to take a closer look and find the front of the mirror totally scuffed. As Im waiting for the "manager" (looked about 12 yo) I notices about 10 inch long gashes starting at the passenger side front bumper all the way to the passenger taillight.:Wow1: No words for how sick I am right now. I have a call in to the general manager and have also emailed corporate. I know these situations can be tricky because they will always try to say that the damage could have already been there. Time to get ready for a fight I guess. Anybody else have a similar situation and what did you do?

constableal 05-12-2012 12:49 PM

yikes! sorry to hear about your misfortune. This is one reason if I use a automatic car wash i make sure it is one of the touchless-brushless washes. The cheap carwash that my county uses is the of the old rolling brush variety. All its good for is scuffing up the sides of our vehicles. Good luck in getting the carwash management to pay for your damage. Al

MamasLaramie 05-12-2012 11:44 PM

Thanks Al. I already contacted my insurance agent and they're ready to get involved if I need them to. He also saw the truck in person last week and knows how flawless it is....err, was.:mad:

GTyankee 05-13-2012 12:40 AM

I hold my breath everytime my Ram enters the automated car wash
I watch it get pulled into the tunnel, get sprayed, the rags just drag over the vehicle, then the side brushes come out, i watch the whole operation, beginning to end
I am not religious, but i sort of ask the Gods to help it pass without damage

MamasLaramie 05-13-2012 02:29 PM

Well, exactly what I thought was going to happen happened. met with the GM today and they denied all accountability and said theres no way I can prove the scratches werent already there. Even though I know they werent, I dont see any way I can win this.:4-dontknow:

roaddog665 05-13-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MamasLaramie (Post 798136)
Well, exactly what I thought was going to happen happened. met with the GM today and they denied all accountability and said theres no way I can prove the scratches werent already there. Even though I know they werent, I dont see any way I can win this.:4-dontknow:

If you have pics of your truck before the car wash, then take some now and start posting them online, make fliers and pass out around town. :box2:Fight back and give them a little (or a lot!!) of bad press and they may change their mind. If nothing else it would make me feel a little better!

Bikenut 05-13-2012 02:40 PM

One time the carwash sprayed some chemical on my chrome rims which permanently discolored /etched the chrome. They denied it was them of course and it wasn't something I could claim on insurance.

In the end, all I could think to do was sit at the entrance on the public street with my truck parked and I wrote on the windows of my truck with white shoe polish "BEFORE YOU GET YOUR CAR WASHED HERE, STOP AND SEE HOW THEY DAMAGED MY TRUCK!"

I did this for 2 hours one day and on the second day they called the cops on me. I don't think they could have forced me to leave, but I didn't want to cause trouble with the officer so I left it at that knowing I caused them to loose at least some business.

Back in my youth, I would get my pound of flesh, but now I would let my insurance company handle it as you should. If they're like my company, Mercury, they will call it a comprehensive claim which doesn't count against you. Hopefully they will try to get the carwash to own up and cover your deductible.
thats a big bummer regardless :(

Jaytwo 05-14-2012 12:14 AM

Don't most car washes have cameras in them?

MamasLaramie 05-14-2012 10:36 AM

All great suggestions guys. I love the thought of parking my ass out front and alerting people unfortunately being handicapped complicates that a bit. Im just going to let the insurance company handle things. I'm going to have it looked at first just to see if any of them can be buffed out. The taillight doesnt bother me much since LED lights were already on my list.

dkerr24 05-14-2012 11:17 AM

I'm still struggling with the fact that anyone uses automatic car washes. Nothing but a garden hose and hand washing for my truck. A bit more effort, but no chance of damaging or scratching anything.

Only time I use the power wash is when they have salted the roads and I want to rinse out the undercarriage.

Darin