DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2011 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   Wife won't drive it!! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=112664)

Hogking 05-14-2012 03:12 PM

Wife won't drive it!!

2 Attachment(s)
No way....won't drive it. Loves her Camry, likes my truck I think, but will not drive it. I know it's too big for her (no jokes). Just came back from trip to the Poconos. Had to take the car! Reason: IF something happened to me and I could not drive back, I'm F--Ked. Married 35 yrs love her to death......I'm on my own! AM I ALONE ON THIS?

Sorry for the venting!

ps...don't say trade her in....truck will go before her.

I changed the photos.

Hex 05-14-2012 03:17 PM

A lot fo guys on here won't let their wives drive the truck. so it's not such a bad thing that she won't drive it. Rather her say she's not comfortable, and than keep it to herself and cause some damage. It does suck that you weren't allowed to take the truck on the road trip. These trucks are so comfortable and perfect for long road trips.

ridgerunnerseoinc 05-14-2012 03:48 PM

U are not alone my friend. My wife will NOT drive my 2500 quad cab with an 8ft bed. WAY TO BIG AND SCARY! Thing that gets me is that most women will hop onto a 1,000lb horse with a mind of its own and go riding w/o thinking much about it. Go figure...

ElDubya13 05-14-2012 03:53 PM

Damn... I have the opposite situation. My wife took out my truck for the first time about a week after I bought it and I can't get her out of it. She's ready to trade in her beloved Lexus for a Durango since she loves the Hemi punch so much...

Excoastie 05-14-2012 04:00 PM

My wife isn't too crazy about driving my truck either, but she will do it.

The truck is much more comfortable than her Chally when we go out as a family, and when we're traveling the Chally is NOT an option.

I say that you should tell you wife that when push comes to shove, IF she needs to drive the truck, then she'll not have any major issues, and the next time there is a road trip, the truck is the vehicle of choice.

I know they say you can either be right, or be happy... but in this case I think it's better to be right :D

good luck

Exco

Hex 05-14-2012 04:03 PM

I kind of forced the Fiancee into it. When I deployed I left she had to drive it once a week to keep it from sitting too long. She was nervous at first, but during tht first drive she fell in love it. She still loves her convertible, but now she's really comfortable i the truck too. So it worked out.

testiclops 05-14-2012 04:23 PM

My girlfriend is scared to drive my truck except on the highway.

I'm thinking about making her get used to driving it around town so that when she buys a vehicle she can get a fun car (which I can drive) rather than an SUV

doug713 05-14-2012 06:11 PM

LOL, That's funny. My wife also will not drive mine unless she is forced to for some reason. She claims it's too big, in fact her words are "your big fat truck"lol. Anyway I find this humerous as she used to drive a big ole ambulance, to me that's just a huge blind spot on wheels. I actually prefer she don't drive it as she drives a little car that can turn on a dime and ALL I see is her scrapping the tires/wheels on a curb or side swipping someone as she turns way too sharp thinking it turns like her little car...

farmallm51 05-14-2012 06:42 PM

I've had my 2011 1500 SLT 4x4 for 14 months and my wife has not driven it. She likes the truck, loves the ride but says it is too big. Never liked driving my 02 Dakota but did on occasion.

2500hd 05-14-2012 06:47 PM

My wife would not drive my 2500 and complained about having no side steps (leveled w/ 35's, shes 5'4"ish). When we traded her patriot in for a new 5th wheel she was forced to start driving it if she wanted to go places. I put some amp powersteps on for her and she loves driving the truck now.