DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2011 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   Sirius trial (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=113031)

nikeman 05-18-2012 09:48 PM

Sirius trial

I have had my truck for a year now and I'm supposed to have an extra year of Sirius radio since I was one of the ones who did not have travel link included and got a cd from Sirius. They turned my service off a couple days ago, what should I do? I gave my cd to my dealer since I updated on my own so I do not have any cd or paperwork anymore. Did you guys get the extra year?

Chunkem 05-18-2012 11:06 PM

I would go back and speak to your dealer and let them know what has happened.......Please keep us updated and let us know how you make out.....

GTyankee 05-19-2012 01:54 AM

Sirius will have a record of it too

The thing is, the people that are talking to you & sending out the paperwork are in INDIA

You have to tell them that you want to talk to someone in the USA, insist on it
you will need your VIN # & the 3 letters that are printed on the radios face, lower right corner

nikeman 05-19-2012 01:01 PM

My dealer was and I'm sure still is clueless about this whole thing. They insisted to me that travel link was impossible with the radio I have so I had to update mine early so I could bring it back to them to show them it was possible and that I wasn't crazy. I do not feel like trying to explain it all to them again. Now, calling Sirius has never been anything short of a nightmare for me in the past. I can never understand them and visa versa. They always act like they don't know what I'm talking about no matter what I am calling for. Is there a number I can call to go directly to an american? I end up getting pissed off after 5 minutes of hearing someone that can barley speak English trying to speak fast and at the same time not being able to help me.

drew7811 05-19-2012 01:23 PM

Not meaning to hijack the thread, but my trial subscription is about up in 10 days and I got my first call today trying to sign me up. They offered me $4.99/month for 6 months with auto renewal. Pretty good deal ~$30 bucks I thought. I have heard all the complaints about unexpected charges from Sirius when you have a credit card on file, so my question is do you think they would still extend the offer if I asked them to send me a bill for that much? Has anyone else gotten them to send you the bill so you can pay by check or money order so you don't have to have a card on file? Thanks in advance.

GTyankee 05-19-2012 02:55 PM

When i have called Sirius, the Customer Service in India answers, they always insist that i can only get a 1 year plan, i insist that i want a 3 year plan & they connect me with the American customer service

I may play a trick on them next time, i have a friend that is fluent in Spanish, that would be a conversation to record, hehehe

nikeman 05-19-2012 06:44 PM

I highly recommend not using there auto pay. They make next to impossible to cancel and even when you finally succeed they will probably charge you for a couple months anyway! This is all from past experience and I never got the money back for the extra charges I got even after the service was turned off.

nisbitch 05-19-2012 06:45 PM

My renewel came up in January and opted for 3 months at $17 all together. At the end of that I complained and was given one year for the charge of only 6 months. I also have 3 other radios, so that might have given me the upper hand.

GTyankee 05-19-2012 06:55 PM

NIKEMAN

i posted on this forumZ, about what you are talking about, i found it on a Jeep site
click the link at the end of my post, then print it out & take it to your dealership

Good news for all off you with the 430N Radio

CUSTOMER SATISFACTION NOTIFICATION K40
MONRONEY LABEL INFORMATION

Subject
The Monroney Label information on about 930 of the above vehicles lists a 1-year subscription to Sirius Travel Link service. The radio in the vehicle does not have the correct software to operate the Sirius Travel Link features. A Compact Disc (CD) will reprogram the radio’s software and allow it to access the Travel Link features.
Repair
The radio must be reprogrammed using a CD disc with new Travel Link software.
All owners known to Chrysler will have a software update CD mailed to them to update their radio’s software.
NOTE: All vehicles involved in this notification will receive an additional one year subscription (beyond the original subscription termination date) to Sirius Satellite Radio and Sirius Travel Link Service free of charge.

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/css_wk2_k4011.pdf

nikeman 05-19-2012 10:31 PM

Link is not working for me.