DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Knowledge Base (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   How To - Upper Glove Box - 4th Gen (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=113059)

trmat79 05-19-2012 10:50 AM

How To - Upper Glove Box - 4th Gen

7 Attachment(s)
OK guys I am new here, but a week ago I bought a 2012 Ram 1500 Express 4X4 and the first thing I wanted to do was utilize the upper glove box and the Uconnect USB plug for my ipod. Here is my how-to:

First the parts:
4565022: Switch – glove box
1NM00BD3AA – Door – glove box
68050731AA – striker – glove box
1SF291DVAC – glove box
And some tools you’ll need:
Screwdriver (with some small screws)
7mm socket and driver
Trim Removal Tool (highly recommended to not scratch your dash)

The Beginning
Attachment 28108
Step One: Remove lower glove box by opening and pushing in on sides.

Step Two: Unscrew upper glove box screw:
Attachment 28109

Step Three: Use trim removal tool to take out upper box
Attachment 28110

Step four: Line up upper box door and screw in place. This will take some time. I recommend taking a good look at how it lines up and take your time in order to not break anything.

Attachment 28111

Step Five: Install light and latch

Attachment 28112

Step Six: Find UConnect and light plugs in the dash and hook them up. I highly recommend hooking up the light first then the USB.

Attachment 28113

Step Seven: Put lower box in place and screw in place.

Step Eight: Step back and enjoy the professional job you just did.
Attachment 28114

That is about all I've got you for guys. Maybe I just wasted an hour posting this and someone has done it before but I couldn't find it. Anyway love my Ram and this website rocks so I figured I'd give a little something back.

Todd

Asur 05-19-2012 12:34 PM

Thank you for this great thread, looks real nice, congrats on the mod, great work. I think many will be happy to see this. If you don't mind me asking, where did you order it from, and what was the total cost.

Thanks in advance

Techno Tim 05-19-2012 01:01 PM

Nice write up.

This'll come in handy when I finally get the right color door. I'm curious about where you got your parts as well.

trmat79 05-19-2012 01:21 PM

Www.moparpartsamerica.com

Thanks guys hope it helps

fxitagntoni 05-19-2012 04:01 PM

Where did you find the plug for the light? I swear my Express doesn't have it so I spliced into the 12 volt...doh.I also don't think I have the usb connector or at least couldn't find it.was that an option?

trmat79 05-19-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fxitagntoni (Post 802538)
Where did you find the plug for the light? I swear my Express doesn't have it so I spliced into the 12 volt...doh.I also don't think I have the usb connector or at least couldn't find it.was that an option?

Mine was electrical taped to a wire bundle right behind the upper glove box I think the USB only comes if u have uconnect but I could be wrong

Asur 05-19-2012 06:26 PM

I think its only available for Uconnect heads

fxitagntoni 05-19-2012 08:37 PM

I think you're right.I don't have U-connect and another forum member couldn't find it either in his Express.Unless the connector itself was taped it's not there in my truck.Now it's time for the Sprint Showdown on Speed channel.:smileup:

fxitagntoni 05-19-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trmat79 (Post 802561)
Mine was electrical taped to a wire bundle right behind the upper glove box I think the USB only comes if u have uconnect but I could be wrong

Do you have U connect and the glove box light connector both?

trmat79 05-19-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fxitagntoni (Post 802694)
Do you have U connect and the glove box light connector both?

Yeah I found both back there. I would imagine if you didn't have unconnect you could just hook up the light wiring. It should be back there if you look around a little. Mine was easy to find