DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Body & Interior (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   saving an old goat (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=114034)

ramfam 06-01-2012 09:33 PM

saving an old goat

5 Attachment(s)
My dad gave me his 82 D150 custom to restore. Its in good shape for a 30 year old. Not a lot of rust 2 spots realy and one dent. Nice thing is it was re done in 2001:smileup: new paint, 318 to replace the origenal slant 6. But after 10 years of bakeing in mid missouri sun clear coat is toast and door seals are rotted. And eng needs rear main seal and converted to an electric choke. But it runs good and will start first time if you have the choke set right with the cable (old school). Here are some pics let me know what you think. Resore starts soon so ideas are welcomed:smileup:

boomerman 06-01-2012 09:36 PM

I see a lot of good potential there.
Nice project to do and so easy to work on compared to todays trucks.
Keep us updated as you start the restoration.

ramfam 06-01-2012 10:13 PM

Ya I think it will be fun. All I have to do is bring it home and line up some time I want to do most of it so I can take it to a cruse first weekend in augest. The one thing I need to do is give it a good bath.

RansRAM 06-01-2012 10:40 PM

I agree, that is in great shape for the age. It will be cool to watch as you restore this truck. Good luck,

ShawnC13 06-01-2012 10:43 PM

^^ was thinking the same thing. Can't wait to see the transformation

ramfam 06-02-2012 05:50 PM

I was wondering if any body would know if I could do a fuel injection system from a later gen 1? I mean I know I need intake tb electric fuel pump with regulator, but what about distributer or other misselanius parts? (Not thought of) what I want to do is find one in bone yard

OklahomaHoss 06-27-2012 12:34 PM

Nice looking truck and, like the rest of the gang here has said, lots of great potential. Keep us posted!

Oldy but goodie 08-24-2012 07:01 PM

I think you truck is a great start. First remember no matter how much money you put into it it will only be so valuable and it won't take long to go past that point. My point is if this is your first resto spend as little as you can and do as much as you can yourself. Enjoy driving and hear friends remarks as the truck runs better and looks nicer as you do your custom touches. The only way to inctease the value and get some of your money is an extensive custom job. That is big bucks.

Warlock III 08-24-2012 07:23 PM

I've had people tell me in the past that I can shine an old dirty penny for weeks on end and at the end it's still only worth a penny.

Then I tell 'em that it's worth a one of a kind penny that no one else has, so how much is a very rare penny worth?

I keep telling myself that I'm putting the polish away, but then I find another one and just can't leave it like that.

ramfam 08-30-2012 02:10 PM

update on the goat

Sorry it took so long. School and football got in the way. But I do have an update:smileup: the old girl is comeing home with me this weekend! I'm excited. Now I can get to it. Its hard to do any thing with it when its 105 miles away on dad's farm. And the idea for EFI was to make it more dependable. Not a sure thing. And its going to be more of a refresh on body just cause it belonged to my dad. I missed out on being able to restore his last classic truck 1972 custom delux chyanne. Not this time!