DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Seafoam treatment, same old (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=114121)

Tony I 06-02-2012 11:11 PM

Seafoam treatment, same old

Hey y'all, it 62k on my 03 ram and wanted to do a seafoam treatment. Good idea? I'd love some mpg gains. If so what do you guys do? Half in tank half in vacuum booster? Any pics of where it goes in the booster? I'm not fimaliar with dodge motors. Thanks do much guys

ArmyofOne 06-03-2012 09:18 AM

Remove the 3/4" rubber hose off of your Brake Master Cylinder, its the only one on there. There may or may not be a small clamp on it. Start the engine (before you remove the hose or it wont start), then pour seafoam in until half the can is gone, once you reach that point, pour it in until it stalls.

Then, pour the rest in about 1/4-1/2 tank of Fuel. I also wait until I am about to do an oil change and dump a can in the oil too.

Wait 5, maybe 10 minutes, start the engine back up, rev the piss out of it and watch her smoke. My neighbors down the street had NO idea what was going on, and I got the fire department called on me once.

Ce2700 06-03-2012 09:49 AM

I want to run the sea foam soon as well. Let me know how it goes

Tony I 06-12-2012 05:15 PM

well guys it went well and blew a lot of smoke. seems to have more throttle response now. but the truck blew a bit of blew smoke, think its anything to be worried sbout? i checked the oil level and it was good, just wondering.

Fireman664 06-12-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony I (Post 819521)
well guys it went well and blew a lot of smoke. seems to have more throttle response now. but the truck blew a bit of blew smoke, think its anything to be worried sbout? i checked the oil level and it was good, just wondering.

It's pretty common and normal to have a little of residual smoking after you sea foam your truck. Take it out on the highway and really blow it out. I also recommend getting some sea foam deep creep and take off your air intake and air box to get to the trottle body and clean the intake out. Just spray the deep creep in there and wipe clean with paper towels. Trust me. Well worth it!!!!!:smileup:

Tony I 06-13-2012 03:11 AM

consider it done thanks!

bigedschukar 06-17-2012 05:28 PM

Well I just did the treatment on my 2009... not as much smoke as I was kind of hoping. I've been having rough idling issues lately so I was hoping this would be the ticket. I'm not saying it wasn't though because she is definitely running a lot better. I guess that could be in my head though, heh. I almost freaked out too because after the smoke was done she was idling REALLY rough, almost stalling out! But all is well. Next is a PCV change and spark plugs.

Tony I 06-17-2012 08:10 PM

same thing with mine. As well as the blue smoke. Yeah clean up that intake, and have you taken a look at your air intake lately?

JR23 07-27-2012 10:20 PM

Sea foam

My recent sea foam try was a nice smoke show flow we'd by better throttle response @ 130k and still running strong. I would love about 30 more hp though. My budget is not well enough to do much for that.

dj1 08-15-2012 08:28 PM

take the pcv off and get one of the big filters from advance, then you dont have to worry about the throttle body and intake gumming up for a lot longer as it wont be sucking oil in and it will not hurt anything venting this way