DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2011 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   OEM replacement seat covers for Sport. plz help! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=114176)

slikkwilly002 06-03-2012 06:42 PM

OEM replacement seat covers for Sport. plz help!

Well, I burned a friggin hole in my seat from smoking (shame on me)... I've been looking for 3 hours now for an oem replacement drivers seat cover online and can't find anything for the sport seats, cloth mesh/vinyl. Anyone have any ideas where I should look? I don't want to replace them all with aftermarket ones or anything, just looking to replace the drivers seat cover... the bottom of it where you sit on, I don't need the back unless I have to buy them together. I know they sell them seperately from the backs some places.

Any help would be awesome!! thanks

BlueJet 06-03-2012 06:57 PM

Have you tried contacting Clark at AutoAnything? He may be able to help.

letsjet 06-03-2012 07:14 PM

The dealer can probably get you the seat bottom only, but it will be really expensive, probably like $300. Maybe a upholstery shop can do a repair by using a bit of material from under the seat somewhere as a patch. Not a cheap fix either way. Sometime you can find takeoffs on ebay.

wbowyer 06-03-2012 09:44 PM

Or hunt for the parts at a pull-a-part or a wrecked truck...by far your cheapest option.

Chunkem 06-04-2012 12:00 AM

Let us know how you make out.......Keep us updated......

SS4Luck 06-04-2012 03:44 AM

Go to your local interior shop, it will pry be cheapest to let them do it

mineralram 06-04-2012 10:16 AM

Or if the truck is still under warranty just get pair scissors and cut a thread on the seam somewhere then tak it to the dealer they will replace it under warranty. The reason i know this is because my wife is a smoker and she burnt one of my seats in my old truck and i asked my service advisor about getting it fixed guess what he did next.

pall2509 06-04-2012 08:26 PM

My take is if the service advisor f**ks the hand that feeds him, what will he do to "you" the customer? Character counts!!

mineralram 06-05-2012 01:05 PM

Well considering he's a 20 year veteran in the service department, Id say he helped the customer out. This was no differant of a situation when i had my 2009 Ram and a front wheel bearing went out on me they replaced the left side under my warranty and then the mechanic told me to come back in about 6 weeks because i only had about 5000 kilometers left before my warranty ended and they would replace the right side also even though nothing was wrong with it. This way i would good hopefully for a long time.

pall2509 06-05-2012 04:41 PM

cutting the seams so you can claim a warranty repair is fraud, pure and simple. if you burnt a hole in your seat, take responsibility, why should chrysler pay for that? no different than having your car stolen, wrecked, fire, etc., in order for insurance to pay.