DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2011 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   2011 Radio Issues (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=114308)

fatback99 06-05-2012 12:18 PM

2011 Radio Issues

Hello,

I'm looking at buying a used 2011 laramie with NAV and backup camera. Is anybody having any issues with these?

Reason I ask is my mom's town&country radio locks up after about 20 minutes of driving then it resets itself. She hasn't taken it in yet, but I'm sure the head unit is $1500 if you are out of warranty.

Jayincali 06-05-2012 03:02 PM

I don't have a laramie, but do have a loaded Big Horn with zero issues with radio, nav, or camera.

GTyankee 06-05-2012 03:12 PM

I have heard of only a few issues with the Gen 4 radios, Nav systems & back up cameras
my own system works great

most of the complaints are for the the Smart Phone use with them & that part is being corrected, software & firmware issues

dvdsram 06-05-2012 11:56 PM

I have a 2011 Laramie with the nav back up camera etc and ther only trouble I had was the wireless module for the uconnect had to be replaced but has been working fine ever since

Grumpy Gus 06-20-2012 08:56 PM

Have a 1500 slt 4x4 and only in the past couple weeks I get in and the radio turns on but the screen is off and I have no control over volume, station or power after my 20 min drive home it usually works like normal again. Thats my only complaint.

semlohde 06-22-2012 06:05 PM

I have a 2011 1500 Outdoorsman. Bluetooth with iPhone4 fast and choppy. I have to press the power(lock) button on the iPhone to make it work. I also just battled with my dealer and dodge about the backup camera being dark. This is the 430n RHB. They replaced the camera - no change, and said they check other cameras on the lot- the same darkness. Dodge said I could upgrade at my cost. I have a 2011 2500 with the 730n rer and the camera is perfect. The 730n also has a cd to update for the iPhone and it streams fine. For me, the 430n RHB is expensive junk and I wouldn't get it!! The radio and gps(Garmin) are fine and adjust brightness fine. But that camera is all but worthless in bright sunlight and just fair with clouds or night. Ed

drew7811 06-22-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvdsram (Post 815143)
I have a 2011 Laramie with the nav back up camera etc and ther only trouble I had was the wireless module for the uconnect had to be replaced but has been working fine ever since

Just curious but what was the problem with the wireless module? I have been noticing some issues with my uconnect and my phone a bunch lately. I also have an '11 Laramie. Was it a warranty fix or out of pocket? If so how bad was the damage?

xsdbs 06-23-2012 01:36 PM

2 things here if I may butt in:
1) I think that the replacing of the camera was a bad diagnostic step in your repair. What is the SW version of the radio? I believe that you may have an older SW version and if I remeber correctly, there is an update for the camera issue. i can look into this on Monday, but please get me your current SW version. It'll be in the set up menu.
2) For the iPhone streaming fast, I will bet that you haven't had the Uconnect sw update performed on it. There has been a TSB out on it since June 29th 2011. Many members here have applied it themselves with the file and instructions that I have provided on this forum. This will take care of that issue and takes about 20 minutes to perform.

I am sure that you know the 730N is not without its issues also. It has several of its own. :smiley_thumbs_up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by semlohde (Post 826980)
I have a 2011 1500 Outdoorsman. Bluetooth with iPhone4 fast and choppy. I have to press the power(lock) button on the iPhone to make it work. I also just battled with my dealer and dodge about the backup camera being dark. This is the 430n RHB. They replaced the camera - no change, and said they check other cameras on the lot- the same darkness. Dodge said I could upgrade at my cost. I have a 2011 2500 with the 730n rer and the camera is perfect. The 730n also has a cd to update for the iPhone and it streams fine. For me, the 430n RHB is expensive junk and I wouldn't get it!! The radio and gps(Garmin) are fine and adjust brightness fine. But that camera is all but worthless in bright sunlight and just fair with clouds or night. Ed

xsdbs 06-23-2012 01:42 PM

1) There is a TSB # 08-019-12 that is available for the 2011 vehicles, it is a revised edition of the TSB from last year, # 08-036-11 rev A.
2) what phone do you have?
3) what are te issues that you're having?
4) Have you tried rebooting your phone? I have seen sevral issues that have "just started" to happen an a simple reboot of the phone helps a lot. I have an iPhone 4S (had a 4 prior to the 4S) and have to reboot them a few times a month for various issues other than just Bluetooth issues. Phones are nothing more than a mini computer and how often do you have to reboot your computer?
5) Have you performed a phone update lately? Did you notice the issues after the update? I have seen new updates affect a phone and Uconnect also.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drew7811 (Post 826989)
Just curious but what was the problem with the wireless module? I have been noticing some issues with my uconnect and my phone a bunch lately. I also have an '11 Laramie. Was it a warranty fix or out of pocket? If so how bad was the damage?

semlohde 06-26-2012 12:27 PM

I have another thread here- RHB BACKUP CAMERA- for more details. but my phone is iphone4 with 5.1.1. dodge said they use 5.0.1. I say shouldn't matter. my truck SW app is 20.02.01. press the lock on the iPhone and it streams fine. unlock and it's fast and skips. I'm getting the galaxy s3 so will try that next week. I'll ask the service guy about this tsb 08-019-12. thanks