DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Pictures - Photos (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   only 10 Beers later... (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=114342)

Bikenut 06-05-2012 09:00 PM

only 10 Beers later...

1 Attachment(s)
I waxed the big guy up for the first time myself. I know that sounds bad, but I've been so busy. It was a good day. I did the leather and full paintbrush/ microfiber detail on the inside and waxed the whollllllllllllllle big A$$ truck! .......... That is a LOT of surface! I don't think I'll be doing the waxing part myself again as long as I can afford Raul to come do it :)

gotbrains230 06-05-2012 09:07 PM

Looks good man...my truck is black so I'm gonna try the "black box" wax this weekend. Somebody posted pics of it. Can't wa...actually yea I can lol...ill be drinking whiskey :smileup:

ArmyofOne 06-05-2012 09:28 PM

The only thing better than an afternoon polishin' the truck, is an afternoon polishin' the truck with a case or 2 of beer in the ram boxes (or cooler if you don't have the ramboxes like this guy :( )

There is a LOT of surface area on a ram, more so on yours! How long did it take you? If I get anal with mine it can be a 2 day process. :doh:

Bikenut 06-06-2012 01:02 AM

It was from about 10AM til 7-8 PM. I used to love doing the hyper anal detail on my car when I was young, single and had time to relax and enjoy it. Now I appreciate the outcome and will still strive to perfection but I don't enjoy the process like I used to. ...Of course, that was back when I had a little coupe and could reach across half the roof easily instead of using a ladder or trying to slide like superman across this beasts roof lol!

Detailing a colored car is a lot more satisfying too. White looks nice and bright and clean when done, but not like a nice metallic color or black when just buffed.

I would LOVE to have that blue like ArmyofOnes'! I'm sure it shines up like a dream!
I test drove a sport that color and just the color damn near sold me on a truck not befitting my intended use!

h2oman 06-06-2012 09:29 AM

Looks great. Is that Glamis or Pismo in your sig?

JimsRamTruck2012 06-06-2012 11:00 AM

Looks great! :smileup:

If you want less to polish/wax then you should get a regular cab. :LOL:

Bikenut 06-07-2012 03:57 PM

Glamis, I will most likely never go to Pismo again. To harsh on the equipment with all that salty wind blowing in at night.

GTyankee 06-07-2012 04:15 PM

In a couple more weeks, you would have the whole damn desert to yourself
only the really hard core sand nuts will be out there

Bikenut 06-11-2012 11:13 PM

I know a guy that lived in his class C for 9 Months out there! fell apart after a divorce :( He stayed through the summer. Went downhill and ended up a bum in hawaii. I think it was the divorce and fried brain from a summer in glamis

Jchaney579 06-12-2012 03:56 AM

Nice clean truck! Work well done! Never ever will I own a black truck! Clean for 5 hours and enjoy for 15 minutes then clean for another 5! LOL