DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Another 3 Day Invasion (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=114492)

ShawnC13 06-07-2012 10:10 PM

Another 3 Day Invasion

Heading down for 3 days of golf in in the US. Get to Play White Horse in Kingston Wa. Then we play Gold Mountain Olympic Course in Bremerton Wa and then Trophy Lake and Casting in Port Orchard!! Can't wait should be a great time.

Warlock III 06-07-2012 10:15 PM

Lock up the Rams! Hide the women and childr...Lock up the Rams!

ArmyofOne 06-08-2012 12:17 AM

Its ok. I called my buddies. One is a border patrol agent, the other is a Custom's agent. We will make sure that not only your invasion is foiled...but that you are held up indefinately. :LOL:

Seriously, Wish I was home, I would buy you lunch.

Stump3r 06-08-2012 12:19 AM

I call hogwash :D Getting into the states is easy. It's getting back into Canada that's a worry!!!!!

brad12kx 06-08-2012 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stump3r (Post 816595)
I call hogwash :D Getting into the states is easy. It's getting back into Canada that's a worry!!!!!

Isn't that the truth!

IDK if it's a training thing, or an HR quality control issue, but our Customs people seem to have it a bit backwards. The most difficulty I have ever experienced at customs have been (and consistently I might add) coming back into Canada. :shakehead: I have yet to encounter a US Customs officer that was not professional, respectful and thorough. I have met one of those in Canada.......One!

ShawnC13 06-08-2012 02:20 AM

We have had no problems on trips like this it is a group from work and we go down on a Highway cruiser bus with CANADA on it. Everyone is a Department of National Defence employee with security clearances so we have no issues

GTyankee 06-08-2012 02:39 AM

when i go up into Ontario, over the Peace Bridge, my vehicle is stripped & everything is X-rayed, they do everything but check me for lice

when i return to the USA, i flash my drivers license, i could have it upside down & they would still let me through
but there are cameras on every inch of my vehicle & these crazy sensors are all over the place, checking heat, radiation, fart temperature, drug sniffers

2011 ASSAULT 800 06-08-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTyankee (Post 816653)
when i go up into Ontario, over the Peace Bridge, my vehicle is stripped & everything is X-rayed, they do everything but check me for lice

when i return to the USA, i flash my drivers license, i could have it upside down & they would still let me through
but there are cameras on every inch of my vehicle & these crazy sensors are all over the place, checking heat, radiation, fart temperature, drug sniffers

deffinetly is a crazy world we live in, havent driven across the border yet so I am unsure what it is like, The border cops are trained observe people and pick out right from wrong doing, I guess the appearance of a vehicle would help them too. When you headed to Ontario GTyankee?? Sudbury again??

CdnoilRAM 06-08-2012 05:58 PM

Have a great trip. We just had a couple of guys up as party of a press tour, they specialize in rc helicopter action shots. They got held at the border for 9 hours because the border patrol just went through a bunch of training and they were suspected terrorists because they were americans, with a remote controlled helicopter, battery packs that look a LOT like pre-formed explosives, and heading to the alberta oilsands. Poor guys, I think they were walking funny when I picked them up from the airport

ShawnC13 06-11-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CdnoilRAM (Post 816967)
Have a great trip. We just had a couple of guys up as party of a press tour, they specialize in rc helicopter action shots. They got held at the border for 9 hours because the border patrol just went through a bunch of training and they were suspected terrorists because they were americans, with a remote controlled helicopter, battery packs that look a LOT like pre-formed explosives, and heading to the alberta oilsands. Poor guys, I think they were walking funny when I picked them up from the airport

LOL that is funny. It was a great trip a lot of rain on the Firday for the last 4 holes but the rest was pretty good. Shot 94 in the rain then an 84, 89 so not to bad.

Another invasion next weekend with 3000 others as we ride from Vancouver BC to Redmond Wa for The Ride to Conquer Cancer!!