DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Body & Interior (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   Door Squeaking (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=114704)

5.7ram 06-10-2012 09:58 PM

Door Squeaking

So my ram is 7 month old and not only the paint is all chipped in the hinges but both front doors squeak opening and close. I took it to the dealer and they told me it's wear and tear.

:4-dontknow::4-dontknow::4-dontknow::4-dontknow::4-dontknow:

Ninjabootsampler 06-10-2012 10:06 PM

I had the squeaky door issue after having my ram for only one month. I just put some grease into the roller on the door stop and a year later it still does not squeak

Actionjackson 06-10-2012 10:34 PM

I grease mine once a month if not it squeakes.

HTXRT 06-11-2012 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Actionjackson (Post 818174)
I grease mine once a month if not it squeakes.

i also have to grease them once a month...

Blackthunder 06-11-2012 07:18 AM

As said above, a squirt of white lithium grease on the rollers makes them nice and quiet again.

tguil 06-11-2012 02:28 PM

As far as he chipping...the truck is painted with the doors attached. The door are then removed for installation of all the interior stuff. As soon as that is done, the doors are reinstalled. Wrenches chip paint.

snrusnak 06-11-2012 03:08 PM

It's regular maintenance to oil the door hinges(and many other hinges and latches throughout the truck). The more you lube it up, the less it will need it. Mine used to sqeak a week after I lubed it. Then it was a month. Now I can go several months without lube, then when it squeaks I give it some more lube.

As far as the paint chipping, it's a metal on metal contact area, of course the paint is going to chip there, it's pretty typical.

It's cheap, easy, and quick maintenance. Also, the lube for the hinge to keep it from squeaking will keep any rust from developing where the paint is chipped.

5.7ram 06-11-2012 03:08 PM

thanks for the info guys.

Fido 06-21-2012 01:13 PM

Interestingly enough, mine squeak only in the heat and no amount or type of lube or grease will silence it. Front and back doors on drivers side only. Those are the doors I use all the time.
Tried so far:
Chassis grease,
DW40
Silicon spray
Machine oil

I also cleaned them before applying the new stuff.

Again, it's only in temperatures above 25 Celsius when the truck sits in the sun.

Another interesting topic. My rear drivers side door rubbed through the paint on the cab. The outer rubber seal to be exact. The stealer adjusted the door slightly and they had it touch up painted on warranty just at the end of the 3 year body warranty period. Now I have the same door different spot rubbing. We'll see what we do about that.

azsnow 06-23-2012 12:53 AM

My drivers door is noisy as hell! I looked at the hinges, and the door flexes a ton at the mounting point when opening or closing. It also flexes and makes noise when the window is up and the door is closed if you put any weight...such as an arm on the armrest. The bodies of these trucks are so cheap and thin!