DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Forum Polls! (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Do you believe that Dodge should have to honor your warranty if you Mod and/or race your truck? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=114887)

Bikenut 06-13-2012 09:53 AM

Do you believe that Dodge should have to honor your warranty if you Mod and/or race your truck?

Personally, I hate it. I hear about people doing crazy stuff with their truck and then whining about it and getting it covered under warranty. If you choose to put on a stealth nitrous system, programmer and like to beat the crap out of your truck for fun, then I think it should be on you to repair the damages. I also believe this is why the factories are so hard on warranty claims, they're tired of BS claims

Arth 06-13-2012 09:57 AM

The only thing I don't agree with is the handheld programmer voids your warranty. I personally think that if your using it just to get more power out of your truck along with a CAI/exhaust then that shouldn't be bad.

Most of the time these tunes from the factory place it WAY safe as it stands and they do that on purpose so they can increase it later to compete with the competition as needed.

The cummins is a perfect example of this, in 2011 it magically went from 610lb of torque to 800 just from a stiffer torque converter and a different tune.

Bikenut 06-13-2012 09:57 AM

And furthermore, I hate when someone has a minor issue, they want covered under warranty, but then want some crap like "a whole new truck because the seat has a squeek and I just spent $xx,xxx"

dodgert 06-13-2012 11:26 AM

all depends on what mods and if you drag race it every weekend then no thats on you. They over look most mods like cai exhaust and such but when you start tapping into the brain thats a whole different story.

Jchaney579 06-13-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bikenut (Post 819925)
And furthermore, I hate when someone has a minor issue, they want covered under warranty, but then want some crap like "a whole new truck because the seat has a squeek and I just spent $xx,xxx"

Or I hear a TINY noise that any and every vehicle makes. WHAT my engine makes noise? When ever I engage my trans from P to D I hear a tiny clank that couldn't even be picked up on a DB meter! WHAT my door makes a noise when I close it as if something is being shut?!?! My PAINT SUCKS!!!!! BECAUSE I BOUGHT MY TRUCK AT NIGHT IN A CAVE! SHOULDN'T HAVE TO LOOK A 50k DOLLAR TRUCK OVER BEFORE I SIGN PAPERS!

God my truck makes ZERO noise at all and I am very happy with the ride and handling. Never a squeak or a peep out of it from the norm that is actually the truck and not something in the road or me hitting a speed bump. It's a giant peace of mechanical metal. IT'S GOING TO MAKE A TINY BIT OF NOISE. I threw Cherry Bomb Extremes on it and I can hardly hear the Radio on Full blast under any kind of Throttle... Let a lone a tiny noise that an average person couldn't hear if they were laying under the truck while it was going down the road...

:LOL: AGREE WITH YOU 100%

:stupidpeople:

snrusnak 06-13-2012 12:39 PM

Unfortunately most people will do whatever they can to make it someone else's fault. Most people don't take responsibility for their own actions and will take any way out, even at the cost of others.

If what I do damages the truck, I'll fix it. If the truck breaks due to normal use and normal parts then I expect it to be covered under warranty.

Bikenut 06-13-2012 01:44 PM

Good to see these replies; there are some reasonable people left ;)

I agree Dogert, CAI, cat back, etc. like that are far different than programming, nos and use/abuse beyond expected useage.

RC DuDe 06-13-2012 02:02 PM

Well the way the "poll" was worded the answer is clear.

I agree with snrusnak that people love to place blame rather than take responsibility.

doz 06-13-2012 02:19 PM

Id agree with above that the poll options are pretty piss poor and I cant vote on either. Opening up your exhaust, making your intake flow better, tuning the car to where it doesnt run pig rich, and small mods as such should NOT void your warranty.

IMO, these are design flaws where the manufacturer either had to meet an EPA rating, cheaped out on a specific item (seriously dodge, you couldnt give us a better y-pipe? You give us stainless exhaust with a smashed y-pipe), or just poor design.

According to your poll, theres no in between which IMO there is a large in between.

Bikenut 06-13-2012 04:52 PM

Ya, I should have made it more clear about CAI and exhaust. But the programmer is more debatable. I was feeling quite bias when I posted it :)