DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Need Help ASAP with HID's (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=114957)

Ziegler00 06-14-2012 12:56 AM

Need Help ASAP with HID's

Girlfriend wants to get me HID's for our one year anniversary, aint she sweet.
But what do i need to get and what size are the bulbs? I saw where someone said a H1, but i just need to verify. Also do i need the digital or what? I have the 2012 Express quad cab, and the high/lows are one bulb. I want those and the fog lights to be HID's.

Here's what i want, and if you could, let me know what to look for....
High/Low beam(one bulb) HID's
Fog Light HID's
Want a shade of blue, but not all the way, full out blue. I think like a 12k or something.

need to know asap what to look for!!!

Thanks Fellas!

htaylor 06-14-2012 10:03 AM

The Headlights take a H13 (9008) Bulb

The Fog Lights take a 9145 Bulb

gotbrains230 06-14-2012 10:34 AM

Htaylor has listed correct bulbs

I'd your wanting light blue, 12k is NOT what you want, that's full on blue
Digital is the way to go, **************** is where I got mine, not cheap though
I have 55w 8000k and that is a "shade of blue"

*** If you get 35w you will want 6000k, 55w bulbs wash out some color so you will want to go up in color temp, like 8000k ***

I will take pics of the color output on my 55w 8000k HIDs when I get home to show you the color

Asur 06-14-2012 06:46 PM

I am running 8000k 55's also, h13, hi/low, real nice, I got a kit from Retro solutions, nice kit, everything you need, just plug and light.

https://****************.net/home.php

Jchaney579 06-14-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotbrains230 (Post 820732)
Htaylor has listed correct bulbs

I'd your wanting light blue, 12k is NOT what you want, that's full on blue
Digital is the way to go, **************** is where I got mine, not cheap though
I have 55w 8000k and that is a "shade of blue"

*** If you get 35w you will want 6000k, 55w bulbs wash out some color so you will want to go up in color temp, like 8000k ***

I will take pics of the color output on my 55w 8000k HIDs when I get home to show you the color

I thought I had seen in a video on the tube about how 35W washes the color away. Such as if you want the whitest possible get 35W and not 55W? Any who are the retro solution lights really plug and play? I thought that was impossible? Does this mean there are brighter and better sets if you want to splice and cut to get that extra performance? Or are they even better than stock? I am looking at the WHITEST possible setup. I want NO blue at all... Was looking at 4300k fogs and lows. Was going to get 35W because I thought it would be the whitest. Would 55W be even whiter? And this plug and play be just as good as splicing? I was looking at their digital setup. Sorry I posted a lot of questions two days ago in the lighting section but nobody wanted to take the time to answer all of them :sad:

:threadjacked:

HemiSter 06-14-2012 08:27 PM

8k at HID nation .com get the basic ones top and bottom for lk 100 bucks

HemiSter 06-14-2012 08:34 PM

oh yea check your order tho or else they will charge u for the slim ballast and relay which u dont really need slim ballast lets u adjust brightness and relay and harnes hooks up to battery and keeps the warning light bulb out light off sorry if u cant understand im driving n txtn lol

SD22 06-14-2012 08:39 PM

I know on my 09 Challenger you had to run a relay kit or the HID flickered is it the same with the rams? Sorry for jacking the theard alittle

gotbrains230 06-14-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jchaney579 (Post 821047)
I thought I had seen in a video on the tube about how 35W washes the color away. Such as if you want the whitest possible get 35W and not 55W? Any who are the retro solution lights really plug and play? I thought that was impossible? Does this mean there are brighter and better sets if you want to splice and cut to get that extra performance? Or are they even better than stock? I am looking at the WHITEST possible setup. I want NO blue at all... Was looking at 4300k fogs and lows. Was going to get 35W because I thought it would be the whitest. Would 55W be even whiter? And this plug and play be just as good as splicing? I was looking at their digital setup. Sorry I posted a lot of questions two days ago in the lighting section but nobody wanted to take the time to answer all of them :sad:

:threadjacked:

Buddy you musta read that article upside down, 55w washes out color since it is brighter. They are plug and play but you have to drill a 1" hole in the cover that goes over the bulb. If you want white either go with 4300k 35w of 6000k 55w

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiSter (Post 821073)
oh yea check your order tho or else they will charge u for the slim ballast and relay which u dont really need slim ballast lets u adjust brightness and relay and harnes hooks up to battery and keeps the warning light bulb out light off sorry if u cant understand im driving n txtn lol

On 4th truck you have to get relay or the lights will flicker and turn off when you crank the truck. Although they will work fine as long as its not running

SS4Luck 06-14-2012 09:22 PM

Sounds like you guys are making HIDs way mire complicated than they need to be,...

Im running 55W HID kits from DDM with error cancelers and have 0 problems. A lot of people are doing the same with the same results. My 55W 10,000K headlights are a nice white with a faint tint blue output and what I would reommend. Though if you need to light up the country side I have 55W 6,000K fog lights and those suckers are bright.

As far as relay harnesses I dont think Ive seen one used on a 4th gen where it was actually required. IVe installed pry 15+ HID kids for forum members/family on Dodges and its always just been error cancelers, 55W kits and plug and play.

OP PM me if you have any qyestions