DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Superchips vs DiabloSport... personal match up! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=114964)

Red05Ram 06-14-2012 06:06 AM

Superchips vs DiabloSport... personal match up!

Hola everyone! I have had the Cortex programmer pretty much since I bought my truck and have been very happy! Have always wondered the differences vs diablo but ive read a lot of things ones better yada yada yada... well my diablosport came in because I need it with my up-coming cam swap. I thought, what better chance is there to give some feedback between the programmed tunes from each one?!! So, last night I un-installed the superchips and loaded the diablosport. First off as far as tranny tuning goes, I can easily say Superchips wins hands down. Makes the tranny feel way more responsive and the shifts are definitely faster. As far as power goes, I wanna say that its a little less torquey with the diablo, but top end seems pretty much the same. I will say that for some reason it seems to sound a little different. Overall if I were going to do a tuner only, I would chose Superchips.. but I am getting a custom tune uploaded on the Diablo so we will be all good there :smileup: Hope this helps anyone wondering the differences between the 2! Will keep you posted on the cam swap, should get the cam in next week!!!!!!!!!

05ram 06-14-2012 08:18 AM

You may be able to stack the 2 so you can keep the trans tuning, I know guys stack SCT with SC not sure on the DSP. Thanks for the info though, I love my SC3865 with the adv trans tuning.

snrusnak 06-14-2012 08:57 AM

Thanks for that feedback. I've come to a similar conclusion, SC wins transmission tuning hands down, and their tunes seem to have an edge on the diablo tunes. If I needed custom tuning, though, of course diablo would be the way to go.

I'm thinking of buying the advanced trans tuning shortly, been wanting to for a while now...

Red05Ram 06-14-2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snrusnak (Post 820680)
Thanks for that feedback. I've come to a similar conclusion, SC wins transmission tuning hands down, and their tunes seem to have an edge on the diablo tunes. If I needed custom tuning, though, of course diablo would be the way to go.

I'm thinking of buying the advanced trans tuning shortly, been wanting to for a while now...

I bought the advanced tranny tuning. Honestly, for me, wasn't really worth it. You can change a few more things and maybe if I knew what I was doing a little more I could make it work, but I ended up just putting it back to where it was before I bought it lol so honestly if your happy now I wouldn't worry about it

snrusnak 06-14-2012 09:35 AM

Would you mind specifying exactly what all you can change with it? I know about shift schedules. Also heard you can custom change TM(without it I can only choose stock or "superchips" setting). Anything else?

chefred112 06-14-2012 09:56 AM

bingo..exactly what I've been saying for years...depending on modding..if you don't do cam an heads..sc has better tranny control... if I wasn't running a cam/heads setup, i would still be running superchips.. altho you can change shift characteristics now with the diablo without custom tuning..

Red05Ram 06-14-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snrusnak (Post 820693)
Would you mind specifying exactly what all you can change with it? I know about shift schedules. Also heard you can custom change TM(without it I can only choose stock or "superchips" setting). Anything else?

Quote:

Originally Posted by chefred112 (Post 820700)
bingo..exactly what I've been saying for years...depending on modding..if you don't do cam an heads..sc has better tranny control... if I wasn't running a cam/heads setup, i would still be running superchips.. altho you can change shift characteristics now with the diablo without custom tuning..

I cant remember exactly but I believe you could change like part throttle shifts and things like that, i didnt use much of it then eventually none of it lol and yeah I changed some shift characteristics but still I say superchips is on top

FDBDW 06-14-2012 11:23 AM

I cant speek for the SC directly but from what I found doing research prior to buying a tuner , the diablo is the only one that does'nt leave a foot print , which is the main reason for me chooosing diablo. Ive had a predator and an Intune and to be honest I was not overly impressed. For me it was about protecting my waranty, if it wasnt for that I would definatly give SC a try.

snrusnak 06-14-2012 11:29 AM

FWIW I've had my truck to the dealer three times now under warranty and never a comment about the tuner. Last time I took it in I didn't even tune it back to stock. The guy who did the ride a long told me it didn't feel like a 4.7L, so I told him it had the tuner and torque converter. He didn't mind at all, he actually enjoyed driving it.

HemiLonestar 06-14-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FDBDW (Post 820761)
I cant speek for the SC directly but from what I found doing research prior to buying a tuner , the diablo is the only one that does'nt leave a foot print , which is the main reason for me chooosing diablo. Ive had a predator and an Intune and to be honest I was not overly impressed. For me it was about protecting my waranty, if it wasnt for that I would definatly give SC a try.

I don't know about not leaving a footprint, I can think of 2 people I know of right off the bat that had their PCM's scrambled and ABS systems messed up because of a DSP (requiring trips to the dealer).