DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2011 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   12k report on my 2011 R/T: Hits and Misses. (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=115042)

200mph 06-15-2012 10:53 AM

12k report on my 2011 R/T: Hits and Misses.

Just turned 12k in my '11 R/T, but I need more cab space. So I'm trading it in on a (different make) truck with 4 doors.

HITS:
1) smooth ride and great handling with the 22's and Goodyears, and I really like the ride from the coil spring rear end. It is FAR superior to other brands' leaf spring rears.
2) real time traffic on the nav.
3) gas mileage is pretty good, usually 18+ on the hwy at 70+.
4) My daughter really likes the touch-screen radio.
5) A small thing, but the trailer light receptacle location is a big plus.
6) The R/T 5 spoke wheels are awesome, no one else has anything like them.

MISSES:
1) Nav scale... is ridiculous. 700', then 0.5mi, then 2.0mi, nothing in between. Crap.
2) Headlights... not bright, lousy pattern. Hi beam is just a brighter version of low, not a different pattern. Constantly outdrove the lights reach... dangerous.
3) Ride height... way too high for a "sport" truck.
4) Resale value... Because of big incentives on new Ram trucks, best offer I got was only 70% of MSRP on a 9 month old truck with only 12k.

SUMMARY:
My 2011 Ram R/T is a great truck, and performed very well with only a few annoyances. I still think its the best standard cab/short bed pickup you can buy. Thanks for all the collective wisdom of this board, hope to see you all again someday.

shadango 06-15-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 200mph (Post 821515)
Just turned 12k in my '11 R/T, but I need more cab space. So I'm trading it in on a (different make) truck with 4 doors.

HITS:
1) smooth ride and great handling with the 22's and Goodyears, and I really like the ride from the coil spring rear end. It is FAR superior to other brands' leaf spring rears.
2) real time traffic on the nav.
3) gas mileage is pretty good, usually 18+ on the hwy at 70+.
4) My daughter really likes the touch-screen radio.
5) A small thing, but the trailer light receptacle location is a big plus.
6) The R/T 5 spoke wheels are awesome, no one else has anything like them.

MISSES:
1) Nav scale... is ridiculous. 700', then 0.5mi, then 2.0mi, nothing in between. Crap.
2) Headlights... not bright, lousy pattern. Hi beam is just a brighter version of low, not a different pattern. Constantly outdrove the lights reach... dangerous.
3) Ride height... way too high for a "sport" truck.
4) Resale value... Because of big incentives on new Ram trucks, best offer I got was only 70% of MSRP on a 9 month old truck with only 12k.

SUMMARY:
My 2011 Ram R/T is a great truck, and performed very well with only a few annoyances. I still think its the best standard cab/short bed pickup you can buy. Thanks for all the collective wisdom of this board, hope to see you all again someday.

SO, why not trading in on a '12 Ram crew cab?

AutoAnything 06-15-2012 11:37 AM

x2^??

What are you going to get now?

Parkersdad 06-15-2012 03:25 PM

If I had to guess it would be one of those wimpy V6 motors with a turbo.

SwampDonkey2012 06-15-2012 04:41 PM

Resale also has a lot to do with the fact that you bought new, and traded before 15k because you 'realized' you needed more cab space... Sounds like an expensive realization to me. Sorry your truck didn't work out for you. Someone will get a great deal on a pre-owned R/T though.

RansRAM 06-15-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clark@AutoAnything (Post 821552)
x2^??

What are you going to get now?

X3, I have all the same questions :4-dontknow:

Bikenut 06-15-2012 05:53 PM

#1 RAM offers the largest cab in the universe, Try the Mega! It's almost awe inspiring and one of the main reasons I moved to RAM from Chevy
#2 ANY vehicle is going to loose huge value in the same parameters
#3 RAM has the Most power in a legendary motor
#4 Only with RAM can you get a lifetime warranty
#5 Who offers a 'sport truck' with a better stance? And if 'sport truck' is your choice, why wouldn't you go with the most powerful one?
#6 The Nav. in Chevy is inferior. The whole system is inferior. Ford, I dont know, they're too ugly to consider.

200mph 07-04-2012 11:27 AM

I traded the RAM on an F150 King Ranch with EcoBoost V6.

No, it doesn't have the trump-pulling torque of the hemi, but it does everything quite well, and gets better highway mileage (21-22 at 70+mph avg).

It doesn't ride as well as the RAM, and the 6 spoke wheels suck. It "hits" most all the "misses" I listed above. The Ford's seats and headlights are better, the interior is nicer than the Laramie, yet nowhere near as overdone as the Laramie Limited.

I expected to take a 25% hit on the RAM's MSRP, but most offers were around $20k for my R/T which had a $34,770 sticker. Ouch! The Ram dealer I bought from (Crown in Greensboro) made the best offer.

You're right... somebody got a great R/T and I hope they got a great deal.

spymac 07-04-2012 04:54 PM

Your right on with the headlights. I was driving a twisty back road the other night and the low beams with the fogs provided better visibility than the high beams, ridiculous! RAM does however deliver some very competitive features, but it all depends what type of truck buyer you are. My express sold me on price and power and I was willing to sacrifice on certain comforts. Glad you found something that fits your needs!

readster1 07-05-2012 07:38 PM

swap the bulbs to PIAA and your headlight problems will be solved