DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Is there any way to make my truck rev a little faster?I (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=115217)

nitrox28 06-17-2012 04:31 PM

Is there any way to make my truck rev a little faster?I

I'd really like to increase my throttle response. I'm running the DS Predator with the 93 octane tune, Volant CAI, and Flowmaster exhaust. Is there any way to do this or do we just have slow revving engines? I was revving it up at a car show this past Saturday and it just seemed slow from 900-3000 rpms. I'd like to be able to hit the throttle and have the rpms jump up fast! :)

brad12kx 06-17-2012 05:00 PM

The PCM is programmed to both limit the RPM in neutral/park and retard the throttle response. I am unaware of anything that changes this.

jpaul51 06-17-2012 05:21 PM

There is a cure for this, although it is an expensive one. If you don't mind spending a little money then get a Sprint Booster. Set it at the top level and the throttle lag is history. It makes driving our trucks ALOT more fun! I've got one and love it.

*I believe they fit the 06-10 models, so you'd be in luck if you wanted one.

Ram2300 06-18-2012 03:10 AM

I heard that getting rid of ur clutch fan and running an Efan frees up like 300-500rpms better for our engines but I could be wrong though

nitrox28 06-18-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpaul51 (Post 822965)
There is a cure for this, although it is an expensive one. If you don't mind spending a little money then get a Sprint Booster. Set it at the top level and the throttle lag is history. It makes driving our trucks ALOT more fun! I've got one and love it.

*I believe they fit the 06-10 models, so you'd be in luck if you wanted one.

I just looked at those. Can I use it with my programer?

rdsabin 06-18-2012 01:05 PM

If you have the predator there is a throttle response setting. I have mine adjusted to +15% and have no lag. I have the same setting on my Super Bee as well. Just make sure you have the latest update in the preadator to do this.

jpaul51 06-18-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrox28 (Post 823533)
I just looked at those. Can I use it with my programer?

Yes you can! I do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdsabin (Post 823542)
If you have the predator there is a throttle response setting. I have mine adjusted to +15% and have no lag. I have the same setting on my Super Bee as well. Just make sure you have the latest update in the preadator to do this.

I have my dsp set to 20% stacked with the sprint booster. Zero lag now. The dsp at 20% by itself did not do it for me.