DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous For Sale (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   WTB: Tools (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=115628)

Warlock III 06-22-2012 09:59 PM

Tools

I was just wondering if anyone has tools for sale? Since I bought tools for over 20 years and the place I was working at burned down it's tough to get everything I once had, and still be able to eat.

Shortly put I'm looking for specialty and diagnostic tools. Things like a power probe, caliper service set, ball joint removers, air tools (Hammer set, wratchets)

Even a 1/4 inch electric impact. Most of my snap-on, blue point, Mac and Matco tools either has some kind of plastic component inside and they wouldn't warranty them.

I'm not looking for glamour accessories at this point and don't really care if they're used or have been engraved.

If you've recently upgraded to something new PM me with anything you might have.

moparornocar72 06-24-2012 05:34 PM

I would hunt around yard sales and garage sales on the weekend. I have picked up several specialty tools over the years for next to nothing. good luck buddy!

Warlock III 06-24-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moparornocar72 (Post 828331)
I would hunt around yard sales and garage sales on the weekend. I have picked up several specialty tools over the years for next to nothing. good luck buddy!

I've been looking and have been doing pretty well. I was just offering the opportunity for any of our members to upgrade and not take a full beating on the price.

Craigslist has a lot of stuff and for pretty decent prices. The problem is the box. After spending a small fortune every week there's not enough left for Fort Knox to keep 'em in...classic dilemma. Own a really nice tool box that's empty, or own the tools I need for work and keep 'em in a pile. I HATE working like that.

moparornocar72 06-24-2012 08:46 PM

I understand how that goes too!

07TORAMU 07-17-2012 08:37 AM

Warlock,
i am a ase mechanic my self,if u still need tools let me know i think i can put u in touch with some one,he a family friend and he helps out in situations like urs,he very fair,,,trust me he a dam good guy,,,are shop was broken in to,and my bill came out to 4,400 and u know sanp on,mac,matco well 4,400 not to many tools,but he put me below below payment requirements...let me know pm me if u still need help

snrusnak 07-17-2012 09:28 AM

try pawn shops as well.

As far as a good inexpensive tool box, harbor freight sells some half way decent ones that won't break the bank. They aren't snap on or kobalt but are decent.

Grubrunner 07-17-2012 10:01 AM

Are you still in the hunt for tools or are you done?

Warlock III 07-22-2012 08:14 PM

Always looking for more

Grubrunner 07-22-2012 08:18 PM

Let me go thru my storage garage this week and I'll send you a PM if I find something that may interest you.

Warlock III 07-23-2012 09:00 PM

:smileup: Thanks