DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Drag Racing Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Should i have bit my tounge? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=116377)

hnrypat21 07-04-2012 03:54 AM

Should i have bit my tounge?

Ok so about 2 weeks ago i met this kid at my neighbors house at a party,didn't really have a good feeling about him just because he seemed like a tool... well i was right my neighbor said that she liked my truck and than this guy jumped in asking what it was all the follow up questions. he says oh dodges are slow. so i tell him that it is quick for a big truck about 10 minutes of arguing he tells me he drives like an 03 duramax with a tuner. at this point everyone is looking at him like he is a tool because of the bulls**t he was talking. i tell him that i took it to the track and ran 14.7s and of course as soon as i say my time he says he runs a 13.7... as everyone knows there is never just one tool in the group so his boy comes over and starts talking like he knows. i told him next time i see him and we are both sober we will take the trucks on the road. 2 days ago i go to my neighbors for a bbq and of course this kid was there and he remembered our deal the only thing was he was there way before me and was not sober at all. am i going to look like a bigger tool and lose or should i beat him? i know nothing about duramax's but I'm pretty sure they are not running in the 14s with just a tuner

HEMI450HP 07-04-2012 11:53 AM

You have t be careful with diesels. My 07 cummins went 13.9 with just an intake, exhaust, and tune...and that was on 37" mud tires.

Simple turbo swap and some bigger injectors later, it ran 12.9 @ 107mph on the same 37" mud tires.

It is very easy to make a diesel fast, and they are extremely sneaky about it...until the smoke starts to pour out the back...haha.

moparornocar72 07-04-2012 02:38 PM

I've got a few duramax's if u doubt based on his demeanor that it has a lot of power. race him, if u lose so be it, lesson learned. It's from losing in which u learn how to win!

4x4Hemi 07-04-2012 02:44 PM

I would've called bullshit just like you did. Race him n see what happens anyways

EXPRESSIVE 07-04-2012 05:53 PM

I too would be carefull of the diesels, they are quite quick even stock. I say if you must give him a taste, click off your traction controll, leave him a nice smokey burn out and keep him guessing! It's just easier to be the adult and forget about his comments, you are in the higher quality truck anyways.:smiley_thumbs_up:

skinnysfd 07-04-2012 10:50 PM

Race him and see what happens but beign a diesel owner myself and a hemi owner ill tell ya this from experience that if it is a EFI live tuned Doodoomax you are gonna have a hard time beating it. But either way youre in a waaaaay better truck!

Gantman 07-04-2012 11:08 PM

CHALLENGE!!!!!!!!!! Hey man, since he has a forced inducted motor with some mods, why dont you get yourself some 17" wheels with some drag meats with a circumference of 31" and a 80 shot of nitrous then maybe you could call it even. Oh and bite your tongue until after you come around to get your time slip. Good luck bud!

FrostKing 07-05-2012 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HEMI450HP (Post 834282)
Simple turbo swap and some bigger injectors later, it ran 12.9 @ 107mph on the same 37" mud tires.

$$ for turbo swap and bigger injectors = a lot faster gas truck too. Maybe much faster?

HEMI450HP 07-05-2012 12:52 AM

$1600 for turbo and $800 for 90hp nozzles. Truck put down 606hp/1182tq.

Grizzly-Hemi 07-05-2012 02:37 AM

I'd say go for it, the 2003 was the earlier design of the duramax which only made 300hp and 525tq at the crank, you will spank him if all he has is a tune, those trucks are quick but they are still 8000+ lbs and require a whole lot to get them moving. I've raced a few in my area and haven't lost yet and one had the efi live stage five tuning done, our little hemis are bad ass when they wake up around 3500-4000rpm