DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2011 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   Had to Trade-In my '11 RAM... (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=116592)

jeman022004 07-07-2012 06:23 PM

Had to Trade-In my '11 RAM...

Due to a change in family travel requirements (new daughter and German Shepherd) I had to trade-in my RAM :doh:for a 2012 Toyota Sequoia. I looked at the Durangos along with other SUVs for a while, but Dodge's decision to make them smaller and on a car chassis didn't work out for my needs. It was definitely a sad day to see it go and I will miss the sound and power of the HEMI! I do have to say that there isn't much of a power drop off with Toyota's 5.7 in the Sequoia.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for all of the great information, especially about the torque converter issue. I will be back in a RAM as soon as I pay off the Sequoia!

Chunkem 07-07-2012 08:26 PM

No worries. Look forward to hearing from you. Make sure you stay in touch.....

benefactr 07-07-2012 09:17 PM

My German shepard fits fine in the back of my QC, ofcourse I don't have a daughter.

huntergreen 07-07-2012 11:09 PM

my gsd, 2 jrts and airdale always rode fine in the bed with a cap and rubber mat. 2 daughters did fine in the quad cab.

mista864 07-08-2012 02:11 AM

R.i.p you will be missed

fastNugly @ BP 07-08-2012 02:28 AM

Ever thought of going the crew cab route?
I'm sure you did...but thought I'd ask

Sorry to see your truck go :smiledown:

united316 07-08-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastNugly (Post 836883)
Ever thought of going the crew cab route?
I'm sure you did...but thought I'd ask

Sorry to see your truck go :smiledown:

That was the first thing I thought. i have 3 kids and a dog that ride in the back of my CC when we go camping.

jeman022004 07-08-2012 12:27 PM

I did look at the RAM CCs, but it just wasn't going to workout with the carseat(s) and dog. Fortunately I picked up the RAM at a great price with all of the incentives at the time so I didn't take a huge hit when I traded it in. My wife and I talked about it and we didn't want to run into the same issue if we decide to have additional children. We decided to suck it up and get the SUV so that we have one. My thought process was that I can always tow a trailer with the SUV for hauling crap, but I cannot add much more passenger room to the truck. The cap would probably work for the dog, but I am not sure if I would be able to cool it down in the summer (was 106 yesterday in MD) for our vacations or warm it up in the Winter when we visit family in the Northeast.

I appreciate the advice though.

fastNugly @ BP 07-08-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeman022004 (Post 837035)
My wife and I talked about it and we didn't want to run into the same issue if we decide to have additional children.

So stop having them kids....

Kidding! They are previous gifts from God :smileup:

RansRAM 07-08-2012 12:56 PM

:sad: Always a sad day losing one of our own, take care and pay us a visit from time to time.