DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Tuner (Diablo/Bully Dog) (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=116694)

Dutch Dodge 07-09-2012 04:39 AM

Tuner (Diablo/Bully Dog)

The last couple of days I have been looking around for a Tuner, problem is.... I don't know what to look for and which is best for the money. The reason why I am looking for a tuner is the fact that I am going to take my Truck overseas with me to Europe, the lowest grade I can get there is 95. Besides the fact that the lowest grade is 95, the gas prices are around $9,15 a gallon so a few extra MPG wouldn't hurt either.

The Questions I have are:
- Which is best value for my dollar? (I prefer one with a screen (like a GPS) kinda, not a must.
- Will it hurt or change my setting drastically?
- What are some other things you can do with it? any tricks?
- Are there any horror stories
- Why do you prefer one over the other?
- Do I really need one?
- When using a Tuner can I also set it back to factory settings?

My situation:
- 2010 Dodge Ram Hemi Stock (almost 35.000 Miles)
- Going to drive it on 95 octane, once in the blue moon on 98 octane level
- Close to none towing
- Daily driver
- Gas prices in Europe are around $9 and up
- Money not really a factor, but would like it around $400 and lower

My apologies for the amount of questions but, I am a real Newbie with these things :LOL:

BlackHemI 07-09-2012 10:00 AM

jeez gas is so expensive over there...do they sell dodges over there? im sure they do and that their trucks would be tuned to run on their conditions. hope someone chimes in on this topic because im not sure if tuners go that high without getting a custom tune

Dutch Dodge 07-09-2012 03:40 PM

The only Dodge's that are sold over there are the Journey, Nitro and Caliber. They don't sell Truck, Chargers or Challengers. All of those that do drive around are grey import. Grey import means that they aren't officially imported/sold by Dodge, so they are brought over/sold by individual dealers and/or people

BlackHemI 07-09-2012 04:41 PM

ohh i see, well that sucks! hope someone else will chime in!

hemibigblack 07-24-2012 03:56 AM

I have commented on this in other posts but I believe that you will get a lot of dings from mini coopers and Fiats.

If you decide to get one you need to get it from the company directly due to the high octane and the pre-mapped settings being completely different. Don't worry you are not the first to run high octane but in the end you may have to take it to a shop over there and have it dyno'd so you can send the results back and then they tune it accordingly.

TraMotorsports 07-24-2012 10:52 PM

You DO NOT need to retune for the higher octane fuel. It's better for power if it were tuned properly for the higher octance tune; but not neccesary. Higher octane is just more resistant to detonation so as long as it's still unleaded you're good to go.

Dutch Dodge 07-26-2012 12:14 AM

Thanks y'all for the help :)