DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Product Reviews (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   BT Catch Can 3500+ miles Report/Reveiw (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=116837)

Jchaney579 07-11-2012 12:57 AM

BT Catch Can 3500+ miles Report/Reveiw

Well I just got back from a trip consisting of a drive from Houston Texas to Neuton Illinois.

Was about 1500 or so miles round trip. I decided to not change my catch can oil before I left to see how much it would fill up. I put it on the truck at 1200 miles, then checked it at 1400 miles to see if it was working. Since 1400 miles I have not unscrewed it or even looked at it. Now pulling into the drive way at home with over 5200 miles on the truck I decided to check it and take a picture.

Now THIS THING WAS FULL! Mind you I spilled quite a bit off the top unscrewing it as it was practically over flowing. I don't know for sure if that is bad that I let it go so long? :LOL:

The fit and finish of this thing is top notch. I know it is quite a bit on the price wise side of things, but for what you pay for you get a good chunk of metal that they make these things out of. It looks good, as well as fits amazingly. The Z mount bolts right up and the tubing only needs to be cut to desired lengths and you are done. Also it does not matter what the tubing configuration you go with. Just make sure one is an inlet and the other is an outlet and you are set. I would try not to have a lot of slack in the tubing and cut it down to size as that is just making the fluid travel a lot farther and making it unnecessary. I have not had any problems with the bolt coming undone or vibrating out as some of asked the question. I checked when I just dumped it 3500+ miles down the road and it was as tight as the day I put it on. No lock tight or nothing.

I did notice the truck feeling like it was running a bit smoother after putting it on and running it through its passes to start taking the oil out of the line. It sounded a bit meaner and also smelt a bit different "Almost cleaner" out the back end after awhile too. Don't know if that was directly related to this, but I think it had something to do with the whole thing.

I would recommend BT to anybody with a 4th gen truck to help make the truck run smoother and perform for a lot longer time. Hell maybe even free up a horse or two on the ass-o-meter! :smiley_thumbs_up:

Just wanted to post it up for the ones who are not for sure if they should get a catch can or not :gy:

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/...-48-21_898.jpg

double0ram 07-11-2012 06:12 PM

I'd say that's its certainly a piece of mind mod for sure. Nice review man.

GTyankee 07-11-2012 07:33 PM

I am going in for service Friday & will be emptying my BT Catch Can about the same time

On Tuesday i will drive from San Diego to Toronto & then down into Connecticut, i will be changing fluid again just before leaving Connecticut to return back to San Diego

I now have 66,000 + miles it on & i am curious just how much oil will be caught by the catch can
I took the same trip last year & it was only 1/2 full

Emorris69 11-20-2012 11:03 AM

Yea I think I am going to take advantage of their black friday specials and pick one up

Traker82 01-13-2013 02:40 AM

Where did you get it from?

bighemi04 01-13-2013 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traker82 (Post 982601)
Where did you get it from?

Billet Technology. A lot of us on here have them and I would say anyone of us would reccommned one to anyone.

1500ram12 01-13-2013 07:00 AM

I cant wait to get mine. should be here monday. I just added a 87mm throttle body yesterday. the stock tb with a little over 9k on it didn't look very dirty, but still want the to protect the new investment

bighemi04 01-13-2013 12:13 PM

Its cheap insurance. I think they should come from the factory.

double0ram 01-13-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bighemi04 (Post 982745)
Its cheap insurance. I think they should come from the factory.

I definitely can picture this happening in the future as a factory option.

bighemi04 01-13-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by double0ram (Post 982817)
I definitely can picture this happening in the future as a factory option.

Idk I think too many people would forget about it and it would get full and whatever negatives come from that. It is approved by MOPAR Performance though