DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2011 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   Honeycomb Grill Inserts (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=116972)

rgreen252 07-12-2012 11:39 PM

Honeycomb Grill Inserts

I apologize for posting this here but I was not able to post in the Wanted/Sale section yet. I am looking to swap out my chrome billet grill for chrome honeycomb grill. Anyone selling one or interested in a trade? I have 10k on my truck and the inserts are still in great condition. I have a 2011 1500 Big Horn. Not sure if all 2011 1500 grills fit one another.:4-dontknow:

Jchaney579 07-13-2012 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rgreen252 (Post 840626)
I apologize for posting this here but I was not able to post in the Wanted/Sale section yet. I am looking to swap out my chrome billet grill for chrome honeycomb grill. Anyone selling one or interested in a trade? I have 10k on my truck and the inserts are still in great condition. I have a 2011 1500 Big Horn. Not sure if all 2011 1500 grills fit one another.:4-dontknow:

Plasti dip the chrome black. It looks so much better than the honey come IMO... Cost 10 dollars at most.

Here is mine, even though I am about to put a full T-rex upper grille in. It was just temp so I could get rid of some of the stupid fake chrome.

BEFORE
http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/...-59-03_619.jpg

AFTER
http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/...-56-08_793.jpg

Looks so much better. And them being bars instead of Honey Comb makes it a bit more unique and custom, also a bit cleaner.

Side note, there is a reason why you are not allowed to make posts in the wanted/sale portion of the forum. Forum is trying to cut out the fraud.
:rulez2:

rgreen252 07-13-2012 12:16 AM

That looks pretty sweet. I have a white ram and I was not sure which way I wanted to go. Now that I have seen the black bars, the decision is harder now. =) The black would be a good compliment to the tow hooks I just installed too.

Thanks for the tip on the posting. I was not sure how many posts I needed before I could post to the Sale section.

Jchaney579 07-13-2012 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rgreen252 (Post 840643)
That looks pretty sweet. I have a white ram and I was not sure which way I wanted to go. Now that I have seen the black bars, the decision is harder now. =) The black would be a good compliment to the tow hooks I just installed too.

Thanks for the tip on the posting. I was not sure how many posts I needed before I could post to the Sale section.

75! So post two more times and you are set

rgreen252 07-13-2012 12:48 AM

Woohoo!! For some reason I thought it was much higher. Just ordered some black plastidip for the grill. Will post some pics when I am done. And if I don't like it, it's only $10.

Jchaney579 07-13-2012 01:05 AM

Post piks when it gets done please!

Mopar Big Horn 07-15-2012 06:17 PM

looks good jchaney579, i would like to do something like that to mine but not sure about how it would look. i have red crew cab big horn with alot of chrome grill, bumpers, rims, step bars, door handels, mirrors.

Jchaney579 07-15-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmark0612 (Post 842547)
looks good jchaney579, i would like to do something like that to mine but not sure about how it would look. i have red crew cab big horn with alot of chrome grill, bumpers, rims, step bars, door handels, mirrors.

It is up to you, BUT it is plasti dip! Meaning it will stay on through power washing, scrubing, bugs, and etc etc. BUT it will peel off in the end. If you don't like it, you can peel it off. Just search plasti dip. They have, red, white, black, gloss colors to spray over, metalizers such as gold and metallic, and all kinds of colors. Doesn't take sanding or anything, it also sprays so good you never get runs and my 87 year old grandmother could produce amazingly clean and smooth finishes with it.

I am trying to get rid of all the "plastic chrome" I do NOT want to black out my truck, EVERY 16 year old kid at the local highschool has one that is like that. It is over done and getting old, I want black with just a tad bit of chrome "pop" Metal bumpers front and back that are chrome are staying, and the badges, might get part chrome and part powdercoated black rims. After that aside from the hemi badge I kept it will all be black. Painted headlight housings, chrome grill is being removed for a color matched billet insert, tails will be tinted, etc etc. (: :LOL:

fastNugly @ BP 07-16-2012 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rgreen252 (Post 840654)
Woohoo!! For some reason I thought it was much higher. Just ordered some black plastidip for the grill. Will post some pics when I am done. And if I don't like it, it's only $10.

If you don't like it, you can peel it off and it's $10.
So that's 2 positives :LOL:

Mopar Big Horn 07-18-2012 09:33 PM

thanks jchaney579 for the tip on the plasti dip, i have seen a lot of people talking about using it but i had never heard of it but i think im going to have to give it a try. i have been thinking about doing the grille inserts black and replace the chrome grille for a matching red grille and taking the chrome mirror covers off, i want some chrome but not to much, plus i want it to be different than the other red big horns.