DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   finally told my company to shove it (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=117018)

CdnoilRAM 07-13-2012 09:12 PM

finally told my company to shove it

After 6 years I finally got fed up with the company I've been with. I was offered a position working directly for the client I've been working for for the last 19 months, cutting out my old company who were just making money hand over fist and paying me not even 30% of their daily charge (I am the only person on site and there is no rental equipment). The thing I'm happiest about is I'm now an independant contractor so my taxes go from 34% to 17%, I'm making almost double my current hourly wage, and they are still flying me in and out of site!

I can finally breath easier financially, I know I spend a lot on mods, but I'm also irresponsible with my money and spend it on said mods when I should be paying off other things :doh: I'm a mod addict, and I'm very aware of this fact.

Just thought I'd share this major even in my life with my friends on here. And sadly, I'm still stuck using my 3" screen to access the site.

Excoastie 07-13-2012 09:56 PM

Congrats on the move up to a "better" job. Being your own boss comes with an entirely new set of problems, but at least they're your own to deal with.

Enjoy your new found freedom!

looking forward to seeing what new mods you can come up with

Exco

RansRAM 07-13-2012 09:59 PM

Congrats Kurtis, sounds like a much better deal. Money for more mods is always good.

BlueJet 07-13-2012 10:56 PM

Awesome Kurtis!!! Glad you broke free and will be doing better for yourself!! Any chance they can buy you a laptop?? :D

Stump3r 07-13-2012 11:05 PM

Awesome news Kurtis!!!! Well bag a 3G iPad with a massive data plan or get your hands on a Blackberry phone with a playbook and you can surf with ease. I have a Playbook with keyboard and a bluetooth mouse makes for a great mini laptop.
Such great news about the job though, hope the new gig works out better than you could imagine buddy!!!!

CdnoilRAM 07-13-2012 11:17 PM

Lol, great suggestions for getting onto the Z, but you have to remember, I work up north in camps... wifi is through the same network that blocks the Z, and 4G is spotty to non-existant at best in some of the 'remote' remote locations. At least I have the Z on my laptop when I tether to my android, but the poor reception causes me issues. Why can't there be places like this to work down south where the weather is nicer and I don't have to be in the bush FML! :LOL:

Stump3r 07-13-2012 11:20 PM

LOL well could always be worse! You could be in Inuvik!!!!

ShawnC13 07-14-2012 12:13 AM

Congrats I am sure it will all work out great for you!!

CajunDodge 07-14-2012 09:54 AM

That is awesome Kurtis, congrats! Just changed jobs not long ago myself, told them to shove it of sorts, too and it's a great feeling! Definitely sounds like you did what you had to do for yourself where if you're going to put up with the schedule and being away from home, at least you bring home more of what you work for, sure sounds like you're happier! BTW, we do have jobs down here, the weather is great, the food is awesome and the people, too. Go figure, I finally get out of the oilfield and the jobs are everywhere lol! :)

- Cajun

uktitus 07-14-2012 10:10 AM

I left school at 16 worked for in different jobs for a couple years being employed, and have been self-employed ever since. As long as you are responsible for what you do, which I think you will be, and there will be ups and downs there is nothing like it, enjoy and the best of luck.